Numb Genitals & Diminished Libido (Desperate)

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
lasthope

Re: Numb Genitals & Diminished Libido (Desperate)

Post by lasthope »

Wow, your case is a bit like mine. I think my condition is much worse than yours. Have you tried stem cell therapy? It helped me a bit, but cant be a cure.
CK85

Post by CK85 »

Hi, sorry for the very late reply. No I have not tried Stem Cell therapy. I am getting quite desperate. I have had to take a break from work now too. Can you tell me more about the stem cell therapy please?

Thanks
CK85

Post by CK85 »

Also I do have a hernia (inguinal) on the left hand side. Could these be the cause of my problem if anyone knows?
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

CK, is the pain on the same side as the hernia? I remember a previous member of this forum who at first thought they had PN but turned out to have a hernia, and they did very well after having the hernia repaired; but I don't remember how their symptoms compared to yours.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
CK85

Post by CK85 »

Hi Violet,

I don't really have pain. My main problem is a loss of sensation on the penis and scrotum as well as near the anus. I had slight pain at the tip of the penis when this started on and off but that has gone now. The hernia is on the left side and my problem (numbness) is worse on the right side. However, the numbness has gone onto encompass the entire penis now. I can feel pain when I poke it with a hard object but there is a loss of sensitivity on the skin and even the glands. Near the base of the penis on the right i can hardly even feel pain when I poke it.
CK85

Post by CK85 »

My problem is just getting worse and worse. It's progressive. With doctors unable to find a cause, my outlook is starting to look dim.
CK85

Post by CK85 »

I am doing pelvic pain physio but it seems to be getting worse. But it gets worse anyway every month or so so I am not sure if the physio is making it worse or if its just getting worse anyway. Physio at the moment is certainly not helping. However I have noticed a bit of tingling on and off since starting the physio on the penis. The physio said this could be a good or a bad sign. Bad if it is stretching the nerve. I have a feeling it is the latter because my numbness as I mentioned is getting worse.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

CK, I don't know....with your martial arts history who knows what kind of damage your pelvis and hips have incurred. I'm assuming your PT checked for SI joint dysfunction, misalignment, ligament strain and all of that? There's lots of conservative therapies and options you can try, including things like restorative exercise, or if you think a ligament is entrapping the nerve you can get an opinion from a surgeon but of course surgery is not a 100% guarantee either. It's tough deciding what route to go when there are so many options and none of them perfect. I remember agonizing over what to do when I was making a decision. Good luck. I hope you can get this sorted out with some positive results.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Andy_Pablo

Post by Andy_Pablo »

I had similar symptoms before the pain started in my male parts mate. Mine was nerve entrapment & after surgery sensation has returne most of the time. Unfortunately, so has pain, so the trade off is a bit crap. Hopefully yours can be help by less invasive methods... I wish you good luck sir...
Credula vitam spes fovet et melius cras fore semper dicit...
CK85

Post by CK85 »

Hi Violet, yes my therapist has checked for misalignment etc. She has given me a Serola belt to wear but I injured my hip on the left hand side the other week and the belt makes it worse so haven't given the belt a good shot yet.

Andy yes I remember reading your story. It sounds promising that the sensation came back but as you said and experienced yourself, there could be (or has been in your case) a big trade off.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”