Numb Genitals & Diminished Libido (Desperate)

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
chenonceau

Re: Numb Genitals & Diminished Libido (Desperate)

Post by chenonceau »

CK85, do you have any update on your case ?
Testicular pain started Jan '15 - off by may '15
Back Pain + Pain when seating Jan '16
Loss of sensation when urinating Mar '16
Urinary Retention Aug '16
Diagnosed PNE Sept'16 - 2 Nerve blocks Nov '16
Diagnosed Myofascial Syndrome March '17
Self-cathing since summer '17
Bilateral Decompression Surgery (Dr. De B., France) September '18
CK85

Post by CK85 »

Hi I actually do and I have been meaning to post here. I have recently been diagnosed with a proper MRI scan. I have abnormally large varicose veins in my pelvis (on the urgenital floor) running right along next to both left and right pudendal nerves. The veins are compressing the nerves. There is no treatment available for this apart from surgery to resection the veins. I am relieved I finally know what the problem is (I was beginning to entertain that it may be psychosomatic) but deep down I knew it was not a mental issue.

My doctor said it is highly unusual but he is confident I can regain sensation once the veins have been resolved. It's just a case of applying for funding now as the surgery is abroad.
Pleasehelpmegod

Post by Pleasehelpmegod »

Hey congratulations. Have you had any sensation return?
quest

Post by quest »

Hello, did you have the procedure, and did it help? All the best,
Tropikid

Post by Tropikid »

Would love to know how this turned out
CK85 wrote:Hi I actually do and I have been meaning to post here. I have recently been diagnosed with a proper MRI scan. I have abnormally large varicose veins in my pelvis (on the urgenital floor) running right along next to both left and right pudendal nerves. The veins are compressing the nerves. There is no treatment available for this apart from surgery to resection the veins. I am relieved I finally know what the problem is (I was beginning to entertain that it may be psychosomatic) but deep down I knew it was not a mental issue.

My doctor said it is highly unusual but he is confident I can regain sensation once the veins have been resolved. It's just a case of applying for funding now as the surgery is abroad.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”