New Pudendal Pain Treatment with the DRG Stimulator.

This is where we will make important announcements, accept offers of helpful tips from members, and a place for questions and discussion regarding website and forum operations and procedures.
Our Code of Conduct is also viewable here.
Violet M

Re: New Pudendal Pain Treatment with the DRG Stimulator.

Post by Violet M »

Typically they want peer reviewed literature that supports that treatment for your diagnosis.

Here is one article but it's the only one I can find and unfortunately it's the only one I can find. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27425005
Hopefully your doctor will know of more articles. Maybe he can code it differently using a more general code that would include that particular treatment. I don't know if that's possible.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
anne77

Post by anne77 »

Good luck Marianne! I hope you get approval! I am going to look into this as well as I have tried EVERTTHING else for 3 years now.
anne77

Post by anne77 »

John, your post is the most encouraging one I've read in a very long time & I also live in Florida (Jacksonville), and I would like to pursue the doctors who have helped you. Can you please tell me the name of the doctor who did your DRG implant? You mentioned Dr. Ahmed and Dr. McRoberts. I am in horrible pain and would really like to pursue this! Thanks in advance,
Anne

Return to “ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNITY”