Alone in the pain

List of Physiotherapists Worldwide; Techniques & Education to educate Physio's who are not PN aware, etc
gjones

Re: Alone in the pain

Post by gjones »

I think this is very problematic. The first paper you quote Violet says that the smaller the sample size, the greater the chance of inaccuracy of the results, and you then quote two studies with very small sample sizes of about 10 people. The first study seems to refer to an improvement in psychological states rather than in pain, unless I've misunderstood. The second study seems more positive, but then there is the tiny number of participants to consider. In short, it's not very convincing. But then if we can't rely on studies , even if they have thousands of subjects, are we reduced to relying only on subjective, individual and anecdotal testimonials - and many of them anonymous? It all seems to be a minefield to me, covered with danger and traps. If we can't rely on evidence based on scientific method, how do we know any treatment is not going to make things even worse? Do we just have to take a big risk?
HarryPotter69

Re: Alone in the pain

Post by HarryPotter69 »

will it work for a full hip replacement joint as my father had a Surgery recently and i hope it will work

Return to “PHYSIOTHERAPY”