Coccyx Treatment with Sayer Clinic

Treatment options for UK & Irish members; including VHI & HSE criteria for funding and E112 Applications etc.
Plumwotsit

Coccyx Treatment with Sayer Clinic

Post by Plumwotsit »

I suffered a fall directly onto my coccyx in 2002. I recovered on my own and could sit normally after a few weeks. I gave birth in 2015 and, after recovery from the labour, I realised that the old coccyx injury had been aggravated. It grew steadily worse and I also began to get strange tingling sensations all the way down my hips and into the tops of my thighs. I didn't really think a great deal of it and then, while sitting in the car at traffic lights thinking of nothing very interesting, out of nowhere I had what felt like a full body orgasm. Not fun while you're driving. I had noticed that I'd been more easily aroused after the labour but had put that down to one of the very few upsides of the changes to my body after pregnancy!

Unfortunately, these events started to occur on a more regular basis and, although I was able to control the symptoms once they started to occur, it was not always helpful to be stood stock still, controlling my breathing. I visited different GPs at my practice and there was generally confusion about the symptoms that I was describing. It felt that they mainly thought that I was a hypochondriac.

A GP finally examined me internally and he noticed that my pudendal nerve was aggravated. He recommended me to Dr Baranowski but, for various reasons to do with scheduling and the fact that I was performing at odd hours of the day and night, we couldn't arrange a convenient appointment that was soon enough for me. I visited the London Pain Clinic and had an MRI scan but it was unclear what was wrong from the scan. I was prescribed some medication to improve the pain and nervous symptoms and advised that if that didn't work then my next option was an injection. Despite questioning, it was unclear to me how much "nerve deadening" the medication would cause. I didn't want to be hyper-stimulated at all times but I was somewhat reluctant to turn all nerve sensation off in that area. It has been bad enough that the pain from my coccyx and the pain in my lower back is having an impact on my sex life without shutting down all the nerve endings in the area. Everything seemed all a bit too much sledgehammer-like and very non-specific for what is quite a highly sensitive and complex area of the body.

I am a very scientifically minded person and have never had much truck with "alternative" therapies. I had also had one previous experience of chiropracty (many years ago) where the cricking movement left me feeling as if I was going to throw up - although it did actually solve the problem at the time. However, it really did feel to me as if the traditionally medical options were pretty useless in my situation (I have a whole book I could write about the lack of understanding of female anatomy and genitalia but I will save that for another time/board!) I decided to give the Sayer clinic a try after reading the forum here and the information on Pudendal Hope. Reading this site was the first time that I came across an accurate description of the symptoms that I had been suffering with - and it was this site that convinced that GP to take me seriously.

Anyway, I have been seeing Marta and Michael now for about six months. As I travel a great deal, the appointments have not been as regular as I would have wished but even with that, there has still been a dramatic improvement. Marta is fantastic and spent a long time talking with my about my symptoms and the tightness and tension that I have been carrying post-Labour and other traumatic events. After working with her for very little time and at home with a pudendal wand, I have almost no hyper-arousal symptoms.

Michael has been manipulating my coccyx and trying to correct my awful posture. There is now much more movement in the coccyx area and although it is still painful to sit for long periods of time, there has definitely been an improvement in my overall back-ache and coccyx pain. The coccyx movement went from almost nothing to almost a full range of movement now. There is still quite a way to go, I feel, but I cannot stress the relief and the hope that I feel with this process. I thought that I was going to be suffering with this indefinitely or have to have some surgical or injection options for a least worse choice scenario but I actually think that we can get this completely fixed and myself back to normal.

I hope this helps and I'll try to answer any questions if you want to message me. Sorry for the length - I don't normally write these things!
brightandnew

Re: Coccyx Treatment with Sayer Clinic

Post by brightandnew »

I'm glad to hear you got some help. I went there myself but sadly it did nothing for my pain. I've found no easy answers to this condition.

Return to “UK & IRELAND”