Slightly altered position on toilet is helping

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
William

Slightly altered position on toilet is helping

Post by William »

I've been using a small stool as a makeshift squat stool (about 5.5 inches tall and 11 inches wide) for almost two years. I bought an actual squatty potty (7 inches tall and 15 inches wide), but it felt uncomfortable to use the first couple of times that I tried it so I kept using the other stool instead. A few days ago, I decided to try the squatty potty again because it was wider. My condition isn't really getting better, so I thought I should try something. The extra 1.5 inches of height also causes me to sit straight up instead of leaning slightly forward, which makes me feel a little unstable but not too bad.

The difference in pooping geometry doesn't seem that much, but my pain level has been much lower the three days that I've switched. In the past, I would get pain on the left side of my anus after pooping that would travel into my left buttcheek and down into my thigh throughout the day. Now, I get pain towards the front of the anus that is much more tolerable. I'm not sure if what's helping is the (1) sitting straight up, (2) wider stance, or (3) slightly smaller angle between my thighs and back. Whatever the cause, I'm definitely going to keep using the squatty potty. Perhaps the slight change in geometry causes anal pressure to be in a slightly different location, further away from the problem area.
William

Re: Slightly altered position on toilet is helping

Post by William »

This morning, I noticed that my new position feels like it is stretching the pelvic muscles on the side of the anus towards the front of my body. The soreness that I've felt afterwards seems to be lessening each day, so perhaps those muscles were tight which was causing more pressure towards the back during a bm.

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”