what the best test i can do to diagnose a pudendal nerve ent

PNMLT, EMG, SSEP, and other Nerve function testing.
The different techniques, results and opinions.
Pleasehelpmegod

what the best test i can do to diagnose a pudendal nerve ent

Post by Pleasehelpmegod »

what the best test i can do to diagnose a pudendal nerve entrapment next to the obturator internus or al'cock's canal?
Violet M

Re: what the best test i can do to diagnose a pudendal nerve

Post by Violet M »

History, symptoms, and clinical exam are all very important. Do you have tenderness along the course of the pudendal nerve at the ischial spine or alcock's canal?
You can read the Nantes criteria for an entrapment at the following link: http://www.pudendalhope.info/sites/defa ... iteria.pdf

MRI may or may not show signs of an entrapment.

Does pelvic floor PT help or aggravate the symptoms? For me it caused a flare-up in symptoms due to the nerve being compressed by ligaments.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Pleasehelpmegod

Post by Pleasehelpmegod »

Violet M wrote:History, symptoms, and clinical exam are all very important. Do you have tenderness along the course of the pudendal nerve at the ischial spine or alcock's canal?
You can read the Nantes criteria for an entrapment at the following link: http://www.pudendalhope.info/sites/defa ... iteria.pdf

MRI may or may not show signs of an entrapment.

Does pelvic floor PT help or aggravate the symptoms? For me it caused a flare-up in symptoms due to the nerve being compressed by ligaments.

Violet

would an MRN show muscle compression of the pudendal nerve? Me and my PT think i can some kind of compression of the alcock's canal from the obterator internus being too tight.
how does the pudendal nerve get compressed inside of the pudendal canal? I plan on getting botox injections to the obterator internus. Which would be better, doing hydro dissection inside the pudendal canal or getting a cortisone injection inside of the pudendal canal? I want to release any kind of surrounding compression in the canal.
I have my appointment with Dr. Prologo on the 2nd and i have really bad genital numbness and pain at my sit bones.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Some people have an enlarged OI muscle. For some people the nerve is encased in the OI muscle fascia. These things might not be included in an MRI report, even if they could be seen -- depending on who is reading the report.

I would try whichever procedure has the least risk first. What does you doctor think?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “NEUROLOGICAL TESTING”