Allergic Reaction to botox

Botox options, which Doctors use this form of treatment and techniques offered.
chris196540

Allergic Reaction to botox

Post by chris196540 »

Hi I am in desperate help could someone please help me and i am so stressed what has happened to my body surely there must be someone out there in this world that has experienced an allergic reaction like this please read below if someone knows a doctor who is experienced to allergic reaction that i could contact or anyone that could help me please contact me.
I suffer from pudendual nerve damage and had botox injected three months ago. I have had a bad allergic reaction to the botox i have lost sensation in the bladder and have no feeling when to urinate. My muscles are tight in the vagina and bowel and have to go to physio to try to relax the muscles i have no sensation when the physio does treatment in the vagina area. Issues with bladder and bowel not emptying much. My whole body goes on fire internally it could be for 5 hours at a time and a get pins and needles through my body. I get headaches i cant concentrate and other symptoms. The doctor that did the procedure has given me some different medications to help the symptoms but they dont seem to be working. Pyhysio has been helping a bit with the muscles. The company Dysport has advised there is no antidote and my body SHOULD return to normal between 3-6 months. I am trying to see if anyone else has had an allergic reaction that could contact me on their symptoms and how they got better. Also if there are any doctors there that could offer advise.
thanks
April

Re: Allergic Reaction to botox

Post by April »

Hi Chris,

That sounds awful. I haven't heard of this before, but if it happened to you, I'm sure it's happened to others. Hopefully, you'll get some responses.

April
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

I have heard of some people having bad reactions to Botox. Some of them got better over time.

What you are going through sounds pretty difficult. I wonder if trying some sort of detox program would help. I have no idea, but it might be an option to consider.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Shiloh48

Post by Shiloh48 »

Hi Chris, I feel you. I had a Botox treatment i July that went bad, not as bad as yours but I just wanted to say you're not alone. I have vaginal nerve spasms and while they hurt ( 4/5) they wern't HORRIBLE till I had the flippin botox. Then they were a nightmare. Overnight they flared to a 7-9. I've had to practically double my pain meds. One thing that has helped me pain wise and could help you is warm-water aqua therapy. Some people can get it through their insurance but mine wouldn't pay so I take my classes at the YMCA with all the Old Ladies. ;)
I'm so sorry about all the nerve symptmology you're having that sounds frightful. Good luck, don't give up!
shamima

Post by shamima »

Allergic reaction to botox The botulinum toxin contained in Botox can spread to other body areas beyond where it was injected. This has caused serious life-threatening side effects in some people receiving botulinum toxin injections, even for cosmetic purposes.

Call your doctor at once if you have any of these side effects (up to several hours or several weeks after an injection):

unusual or severe muscle weakness (especially in a body area that was not injected with the medication);
trouble breathing, talking, or swallowing;
loss of bladder control;
hoarse voice, drooping eyelids;
vision changes, eye pain, severely dry or irritated eyes (your eyes may also be more sensitive to light);
chest pain or pressure, pain spreading to your jaw or shoulder, irregular heartbeats;
pain or burning when you urinate, trouble emptying your bladder;
sore throat, cough, chest tightness, shortness of breath; or
eyelid swelling, crusting or drainage from your eyes, problems with vision.
Common side effects may include:

muscle weakness near where the medicine was injected;
trouble swallowing for several months after treatment;
muscle stiffness, neck pain, pain in your arms or legs;
blurred vision, puffy eyelids, dry eyes, drooping eyebrows;
dry mouth;
headache, tiredness;
increased sweating in areas other than the underarms; or
bruising, bleeding, pain, redness, or swelling where the injection was given.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Allergic reaction to botox
Skipper

Post by Skipper »

Hi Chris. I'm writing this on tiny phone screen so hope comes out okay.. I had jus same as you on 18.4.18. Life stopped.. I'm WORSE not better. I wanted to connect and see how you are now? Have you had any help? I've tried so much to get help and thought we could cross compare if you're still visiting the forum. So far medical professionals have completely ignored me and treated me like I'm an idiot and your the first person I've come across to be in same position. Covid not helped I was determined to try final ditch attempts this year then lockdown happened. Stay safe and I hope ur okay :):)

Return to “BOTOX”