botox to release pudendal nerve from alcocks canal

Botox options, which Doctors use this form of treatment and techniques offered.
Pleasehelpmegod

botox to release pudendal nerve from alcocks canal

Post by Pleasehelpmegod »

can Botox to the obterator internus release the grip the alcock's canal has on the pudendal nerve?

me and my PT think that the canal is putting pressure on the pudendal nerve because i'm having symptoms like:

Completely numb penis/completely different feeling than before.
Erectile dysfunction
Huge decrease of ejaculate power and volume
Loss of anal sphincter contractions during masturbation.
Absolutely No morning erections
Scrotal numbness
Chronic Pain along pelvic floor
Tightness of pelvic floor
Hip pain
Hard to walk properly because of pain
Glans wont inflate
Under side of penis completely numb
Stinging pain in butt cheeks
Can no longer feel blood rushing to head
Feels like I'm sitting a nerve
Loss of sex drive

this all happened after a cystoscopy and my muscles must have contracted extremely hard from the pain. I don't know because i was under anesthesia. but the pain started in the obterator internus.
The pain was definitely a slow progression till it became really intense and bad. I think this muscle is causing all my problems. Either that, or my pudendal nerve is stuck in the greater sciatic notch.

is there anyone that has gotten there pudendal nerve to release from the alcocks canal? if i got the botox injections and the canal released off the nerve would i have to get the injection again? is this a temporary thing?
Violet M

Re: botox to release pudendal nerve from alcocks canal

Post by Violet M »

The Botox would probably have to be repeated every few months but eventually it might cause your muscle to atrophy. If you OI muscle was enlarged and compressing the nerve I guess it could be a good thing if it atrophied a bit.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
adelphos2

Re: botox to release pudendal nerve from alcocks canal

Post by adelphos2 »

Alcock's canal is composed of fascia, not muscle, and as such does respond to Botox. However, this fascia does cover the obturator internus and increased tension in the muscle can be translated into greater tension in the fascia and potentially exert a stretch on the nerve. OI is one of the best targets for Botox in the setting of PN.

Return to “BOTOX”