anyone in the UK have dorsal root ganglion stimulation?

Treatment options for UK & Irish members; including VHI & HSE criteria for funding and E112 Applications etc.
onmynerves

anyone in the UK have dorsal root ganglion stimulation?

Post by onmynerves »

I think the subject says it all! I've read some interesting responses dorsal root ganglion stimulation, many seem positive. There appears to be one Dr who preforms the procedure in the UK. Getting a referral to his clinic may be very difficult as I'm sure many in the UK are aware that if you have pudendal nerve pain, pelvic pain and associated issues you're referred to a talk therapist and given SSRIs as the UK tends to believe that CBT and treating low mood (even if you're not depressed) is the best root for chronic pain problems. I'm finding this incredibly frustrating and would like to locate some relief.

If anyone in the UK has had this procedure done, found success or it's not worked, please feel free to jump in and let me and others know.

Thanks.

PS I'm very aware that SSRIs, treating ow mood and adjusting lifestyle is advisable. Low mood, long-term negative stress, social isolation can and does impact pain signals. But, there's sometimes more to a causation of pain and mood isn't always the key. :)

Return to “UK & IRELAND”