Dr. Katinka - Spero Clinic

Accupuncture, Reiki, Cognitive Behavourial Therapy, Prolotheraphy, Radio Frequency, Hypnotherapy, Osteopathy and many more.
Faith

Dr. Katinka - Spero Clinic

Post by Faith »

Has anyone had any experience with Dr. Katinka at Spero Clinic in Arkansas? She treats CRPS/central sensitization and wondered if anyone with PN had tried this yet? https://thesperoclinic.com/
-11/08 vulvodynia began around conception of first & only pregnancy
-3/10 sacral/sitting pain began after SIJD manipulation
-Progressive widespread pain- central sensitization
-PT, meds, injections, botox, ESWT = debilitated.
-5/12 Potter MRI - scarring of left ST, coccygeous & posterior alcock
-12/12 - left FAI/labral hip tear surgery
2014-2019 managed w/ gabapentin, massage, and lifestyle mod
2020 - big flare up
www.thepurposeofpain.blogspot.com
sadie

Re: Dr. Katinka - Spero Clinic

Post by sadie »

Faith,
I have not heard anything about Dr. Katinka, but if you search in the search bar you may find someone who knows her. I have many Pn symptoms and also experience Central Sensitization and allodynia, and though if you have these too you may want to try SalonPas HOT gel to negate the symptoms in lue of ice. I recently went to a very good PT in MD with a PHD in PT and she did deep tissue release and massage and it was all hands on and helped. My spine has lots of pathology form laying medicated in bed with PN for years, and she palpitated my spin with her weight targeting one of the disk bulges and it helped A LOT. She had just finished an extra class on CS and it was comforting to have someone explain it in detail. Good luck Faith, it sound like you are being very pro active and that will get you far. Sadie

Come back and post how you are doing.

I came back to edit this and add that ZIM'S MAX FREEZE EXTRA STRENGTH , which you can get on amazon will negate allodynia symptoms to ..use just a sm dot to begin as many find it burns but i would rather feel that cold gel then the light creepy touching that i feel with alldoynia and CS on my back...i can not reach there so i use a spatula to apply it . Be careful how long you use it so that your back will not break out ...b safe sadie
sadie

Re: Dr. Katinka - Spero Clinic

Post by sadie »

dear Z
I did not want this to go unanswered .I am on the east
Coast so do not know about Dr K.
I have CS too ..I use hot gel patches n ice .
I hat PT and dry needling by 2 doctors of PT .
Deap tissue massage helped in one area but over all I am still searching for a cure. I got a full mri image of my spine to see if the nerve crosstalk is being radiated from an issue on the spine and therefore maybe the spine needs to be fixed and the messages would not be spread out

so I'm seeing a muscular neurologist who is going to do some electrical testing sometime next month and yes my spine is riddled with pathology which is probably the cause of the Central sensitization.

Because central nervous system goes right up your spine to your brain and these messages are being sent constantly... if your GABA is damaged from years of benzodiazepine use , which so many doctors but pn patients on) .. GABA IS A DOWN REGULATOR NEUROTRANSMITTER LIKE THE BREAKS in a central nervous system and these signals will seem to run more freely if gaba is damaged .... so I don't know if that your case , but you may want to put that in your wheelhouse. God bless you I know you'll find answers . SADIE

Return to “OTHER THERAPIES”