Search found 16 matches

by Dave1953
Tue Mar 17, 2026 12:05 am
Forum: ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNITY
Topic: Journavax
Replies: 2
Views: 6538

Journavax

My pain guy said this new pain med from vertex was worth a try. It’s a a new class of pain med for acute pain. I tried it during a flare. It didn’t do anything for PN.
by Dave1953
Fri Oct 03, 2025 10:02 pm
Forum: ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNITY
Topic: Reduced pudendal pain with cold or fever
Replies: 1
Views: 5452

Reduced pudendal pain with cold or fever

I have two bouts of PN. One for 5 years. Then went away for 6 years. Now it’s back going on the 3 years. There is one event that always reduces my pain from 6-7 to almost 0. When I get a cold or fever! It’s not in my head. I asked chat gpt why. Turns out it’s a well known phenomenon for nerve pain, ...
by Dave1953
Mon Aug 11, 2025 1:32 am
Forum: WELCOME CENTER
Topic: .
Replies: 11
Views: 12268

Re: PN from anal sex

Also I had Pn for 5 years. Went away for 6 years. Now it’s back going on 3 years. It’s heart breaking.
by Dave1953
Mon Aug 11, 2025 1:30 am
Forum: WELCOME CENTER
Topic: .
Replies: 11
Views: 12268

Re: PN from anal sex

The extended release tramadol not in my formulary so I take regular 50 mg ones. If I didn’t need bowel movements I might be fine! It causes flares. I take only one day and hope it gets me through the day. I had 12 day run of no pain and took no tramadol. This six weeks after PN block. Just goes to s...
by Dave1953
Mon Aug 04, 2025 10:41 pm
Forum: NERVE BLOCKS
Topic: Pelvic Rehabilitation Medicine - Treatment Plan
Replies: 2
Views: 7536

Re: Pelvic Rehabilitation Medicine - Treatment Plan

I had a consult. Injection via ultrasound by a nurse ain’t for me
by Dave1953
Mon Aug 04, 2025 10:36 pm
Forum: ASSOCIATED DISORDERS
Topic: Did labral tear surgery reduce your PN/pelvic/perineal pain?
Replies: 408
Views: 429421

Re: Did labral tear surgery reduce your PN/pelvic/perineal pain?

I had both hips scoped to repair labrum. Did nothing for my PN
by Dave1953
Mon Aug 04, 2025 10:18 pm
Forum: WELCOME CENTER
Topic: .
Replies: 11
Views: 12268

Re: PN from anal sex

So I got PN from bike riding. But I’ve tried every common drug out there for this. The only thing that works is tramadol 50 mg lasts about 5 hours. I’ve had PN for .8 years. Only advice is to not chase pain. If tramadol works take At first sign of pain. I awake each day with minimal pain. Then it st...
by Dave1953
Sat Jun 14, 2025 3:38 pm
Forum: PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS
Topic: Oral steroids
Replies: 1
Views: 4278

Oral steroids

Tried a PN nerve block last week. National spine and pain in Reston VA does them but only at ischial spine. Almost went to UMD for a fancier block but they said it’s a 6 hour day and you need a complete physical to do it! As usual with any nerve blocks I have tried over 8 years it caused a flare up ...
by Dave1953
Fri May 30, 2025 11:35 pm
Forum: ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNITY
Topic: Pudendal neuralgia dating
Replies: 3
Views: 5535

Re: Pudendal neuralgia dating

Yes! Open a board section for dating. Would be great to meet someone in same boat
by Dave1953
Tue May 27, 2025 4:02 pm
Forum: ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNITY
Topic: Good days bad days and flares
Replies: 3
Views: 5644

Good days bad days and flares

I get maybe 5 days a month with no pain. The rest are bad days or really bad days. I’ve kept records of each day recording everything from weather to exercise to diet. Trying to figure out what caused those good days. Anyone else have this pattern? If so have you IDed any causes of those few gloriou...

Go to advanced search