Search found 47 matches

by winged_cent
Tue Jun 23, 2026 3:48 pm
Forum: NEUROSTIMULATION
Topic: U.S. Doctors for DRG Trial?
Replies: 2
Views: 14696

U.S. Doctors for DRG Trial?

Hi all! I am looking for a list of specialists who are trusted to do DRG for pudendal neuralgia/pelvic pain. I saw a practitioner in NYC (Kiran Patel) who wanted to do a DRG trial, but insurance denied it as experimental. I am fortunate enough right now to have some money, so I could do cash pay of ...
by winged_cent
Wed Nov 26, 2025 3:19 am
Forum: SURGERY
Topic: Surgery -- Only for the truly desperate? (Aszmann/Lakhiani)
Replies: 20
Views: 51755

Re: Surgery -- Only for the truly desperate? (Aszmann/Lakhiani)

Yes, Violet, that’s precisely it. My condition is such that—while quite irritating—not yet “in such bad shape that I am willing to get worse.” For instance, this weekend, I was able to move around a lot, go to hot yoga (Bikram), the gym, and even catch a concert. The symptoms were there, but not ove...
by winged_cent
Tue Nov 18, 2025 10:34 pm
Forum: SURGERY
Topic: Surgery -- Only for the truly desperate? (Aszmann/Lakhiani)
Replies: 20
Views: 51755

Re: Surgery -- Only for the truly desperate? (Aszmann/Lakhiani)

I've decided to abstain from surgery for now. I am sure that the pudendal nerve is involved in my symptoms, but not sure at all that it results from a mechanical entrapment. The lack of symptom reproduction from palpating the Alcock's Canal or the area between the ligaments is a red flag that it mig...
by winged_cent
Sat Oct 18, 2025 4:25 am
Forum: SURGERY
Topic: Surgery -- Only for the truly desperate? (Aszmann/Lakhiani)
Replies: 20
Views: 51755

Re: Surgery -- Only for the truly desperate? (Aszmann/Lakhiani)

Hi Violet: Thanks for your response. The idea is that it would be a neurolysis, which in my understanding, involves opening up and cutting the fascia roof of Alcocks Canal, such that the canal no longer really exists as such, and the nerve is instead free. In so doing, if varices are found to be imp...
by winged_cent
Sun Oct 12, 2025 4:35 am
Forum: SURGERY
Topic: Surgery -- Only for the truly desperate? (Aszmann/Lakhiani)
Replies: 20
Views: 51755

Re: Surgery -- Only for the truly desperate? (Aszmann/Lakhiani)

Hi all: I wanted to revisit this thread to once again ask the forum for advice. I've scheduled with Lakhiani for a couple of months from now, but again, I'm beginning to have cold feet. Lakhiani says, in my case, he would do a simple decompression of Alcock's Canal and leave the ligaments alone. My ...
by winged_cent
Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:14 am
Forum: SURGERY
Topic: Surgery -- Only for the truly desperate? (Aszmann/Lakhiani)
Replies: 20
Views: 51755

Re: Surgery -- Only for the truly desperate? (Aszmann/Lakhiani)

Sorry to hear that you are going through this and I hope that you will still see improvement later on. Who ended up doing your surgery? The PTs are generally telling me to avoid surgery. I can’t say that the surgeons are exactly pushing me to surgery, just telling me it’s an option if I want it and ...
by winged_cent
Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:17 am
Forum: SURGERY
Topic: Surgery -- Only for the truly desperate? (Aszmann/Lakhiani)
Replies: 20
Views: 51755

Surgery -- Only for the truly desperate? (Aszmann/Lakhiani)

Hoping to hear some thoughts on this conundrum. I’m 36 and I’ve had pudendal neuralgia for over a decade now, and it’s not going to go away by itself. There is no doubt in my mind that the pudendal nerve is involved – I’ve had positive pudendal nerve blocks, all of the symptoms are on one (the left)...
by winged_cent
Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:19 am
Forum: SURGERY
Topic: Does Struan Coleman at HSS have a different surgical approach specifically for pelvic pain?
Replies: 7
Views: 3080

Re: Does Struan Coleman at HSS have a different surgical approach specifically for pelvic pain?

Violet, at this point, I am pretty sure that I have tried everything short of surgery, and I now have had this problem for over 10 years. So I think the options are (1) do nothing; or (2) get surgery. What is stopping me from getting surgery is that my symptoms are… not THAT bad, certainly compared ...
by winged_cent
Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:47 am
Forum: SURGERY
Topic: Does Struan Coleman at HSS have a different surgical approach specifically for pelvic pain?
Replies: 7
Views: 3080

Re: Does Struan Coleman at HSS have a different surgical approach specifically for pelvic pain?

Hi there: I had hip arthroscopy with Dr. Coleman (he was in-network with my insurance at the time). Unfortunately, he does not have any special or magical technique relating to pelvic pain; it's just a regular hip scope. He may have some technique to make it less likely to cause pudendal-related sid...
by winged_cent
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:01 am
Forum: WELCOME CENTER
Topic: Stenting/May-Thurner Syndrome
Replies: 11
Views: 7291

Re: Stenting/May-Thurner Syndrome

Same, unfortunately. No ill effects of the stent, but no improvement on the PN symptoms. I am potentially going to get another MRI to see if the stenting got rid of the varices. If it did, that means that the varices were not the cause of the problem and were an incidental finding.

Go to advanced search