Search found 5 matches

by george159
Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:58 am
Forum: WELCOME CENTER
Topic: Newby needs advice
Replies: 10
Views: 4526

Re: Newby needs advice

Thanks for your help Violet. What still doesn't add up is why only the pudendal nerve was affected. I am still trying to find a PN Doctor or Therapist near Tallahassee. How would I find the closest available? He's still in the rehab hospital. He's doing well except for the pudendal nerve functions. ...
by george159
Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:14 pm
Forum: WELCOME CENTER
Topic: Newby needs advice
Replies: 10
Views: 4526

Re: Newby needs advice

Well, he now has 7 doctors, who are divided into 3 camps. One wants to send him to Mayo inJax. Another wants to send him to Shands in Gville. Others favor watchful waiting. I saw him yesterday and he's very tired and just wants his life back. Urinary and bowel functions show little progress. But, th...
by george159
Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:35 pm
Forum: WELCOME CENTER
Topic: Newby needs advice
Replies: 10
Views: 4526

Re: Newby needs advice

They did call in a neurologist and had his third mri today. The surgeon's notes indicate that "these nerves were damaged during surgery." The neurologist is now consulting with Mayo for what he thinks was a "hiddren" nerve disease that was activated by the surgery and is causing ...
by george159
Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:14 am
Forum: WELCOME CENTER
Topic: Newby needs advice
Replies: 10
Views: 4526

Re: Newby needs advice

Thanks for the responses. No, he's not having any problem with his extremities. He is taking Neurontin. I told him he should call in a neurologist. His doctors have not suggested that. He may do that later. There is some evidence that he may be getting better. I guess they are waiting to see if he m...
by george159
Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:06 am
Forum: WELCOME CENTER
Topic: Newby needs advice
Replies: 10
Views: 4526

Newby needs advice

I'm trying to figure out how to use this forum. My buddy had back surgery for a herniated disk and now he can't control urination, bowels and says his penis has no feeling. I didn't know what it was, but I knew it wasnt good. His surgeon said his pudendal nerve was damaged during back surgery. I don...

Go to advanced search