Search found 19 matches

by barb21949
Sat Jul 19, 2025 3:32 pm
Forum: SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS
Topic: Sitting/activity and delayed pain
Replies: 5
Views: 32778

Re: Sitting/activity and delayed pain

I think a lot of my existing pain is coming from scar tissue from the surgery. I had TG surgery and where my visible scars are is where I feel some of my pain. I also have an area in my labia that is easily irritated and causes the most distracting and hard to manage pain. That’s why sitting too lon...
by barb21949
Wed Jul 09, 2025 4:33 pm
Forum: SURGERY
Topic: Ongoing pain 5 years after decompression surgery
Replies: 21
Views: 74554

Re: Ongoing pain 5 years after decompression surgery

Thank you April. My pain although can be very low some days is constant. And I have to be proactive to keep it low. It’s exhausting physically and mentally. I hate that it has been YEARS since I have woken up with zero pain. My friends and family STILL don’t understand what I am feeling and have sai...
by barb21949
Wed Jul 09, 2025 4:28 pm
Forum: SURGERY
Topic: Ongoing pain 5 years after decompression surgery
Replies: 21
Views: 74554

Re: Ongoing pain 5 years after decompression surgery

My pain doctor brought up stimulators and Botox as possible treatments when other treatments weren’t working but ultimately she thought surgery was my best option. That was 5 years ago. Please do serious research with stimulators So so many horror stories I would never go that route Please be very a...
by barb21949
Wed Jul 09, 2025 4:27 pm
Forum: SURGERY
Topic: Ongoing pain 5 years after decompression surgery
Replies: 21
Views: 74554

Re: Ongoing pain 5 years after decompression surgery

Yes a part of why I am weary of any new pudendal treatments is because I do think something else is going on. Plus many treatments I’ve read about state they are to be tried BEFORE you have surgery and since I had surgery does that mean these treatments are not worth it? I have been of the frame of ...
by barb21949
Wed Jul 02, 2025 1:12 pm
Forum: SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS
Topic: Sitting/activity and delayed pain
Replies: 5
Views: 32778

Re: Sitting/activity and delayed pain

Thank you, Violet for reading and responding to my post. Yes this is something I struggle with after my surgery. My husband gets upset with me when by the end of the day I am laying down with heating pads and ice. He tells me I just did too much during the day and to stop trying to pretend to family...
by barb21949
Wed Jul 02, 2025 1:06 pm
Forum: SURGERY
Topic: Ongoing pain 5 years after decompression surgery
Replies: 21
Views: 74554

Re: Ongoing pain 5 years after decompression surgery

Thank you, Violet for reading and responding to my post. I haven’t tried any new treatments in two years. I came to this form years ago and it is how I found my surgeon so I came back on here to see if there was anything new worth considering trying. The past two years my pain management has been ta...
by barb21949
Tue Jul 01, 2025 5:26 pm
Forum: SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS
Topic: Sitting/activity and delayed pain
Replies: 5
Views: 32778

Sitting/activity and delayed pain

I have days where I sit for a few hours only to have pain increase later in the day to the point that I have to lay down and use heating pads and/or ice. If your pain is “delayed” meaning you can tolerate the activity at the time but suffer for it later… do you consider being able to do that activit...
by barb21949
Mon Jun 30, 2025 2:26 pm
Forum: SURGERY
Topic: Ongoing pain 5 years after decompression surgery
Replies: 21
Views: 74554

Re: Ongoing pain 5 years after decompression surgery

Hello Mari and thank you for reading and replying to my post. After I had my surgery other than taking medications and lifestyle changes, I didn’t know what I could possibly try. I have not heard of dry needling. I have reached out to a few physical therapist recently and will again go reviewing wit...
by barb21949
Sun Jun 29, 2025 12:43 pm
Forum: SURGERY
Topic: Ongoing pain 5 years after decompression surgery
Replies: 21
Views: 74554

Re: Ongoing pain 5 years after decompression surgery

Hello April and thank you for reading and replying to my post. I am glad your surgery helped with your pain. I think I’m just one of the ones where surgery reduced the pain but didn’t elimate it. I due feel pain where the incisions were so I guess scar tissue is there? Due to bad insurance, frustrat...
by barb21949
Sat Jun 28, 2025 3:48 pm
Forum: SURGERY
Topic: Ongoing pain 5 years after decompression surgery
Replies: 21
Views: 74554

Ongoing pain 5 years after decompression surgery

I had pudendal nerve decompression surgery in December 2020 done by Dr Andrew Elkwood in NJ and a secondary minor surgery 18 months later to address ongoing pain in another area. 5 years later although I am better I am NOT pain free. I had the transglutal approach surgery. My surgery report stated t...

Go to advanced search