MRI in Toronto

Discussion of magnetic resonance imaging and magnetic resonance neurography
Chex

MRI in Toronto

Post by Chex »

Dr. Gordon has ordered an MRI for my pelvis in Toronto. I am closer to Ottawa, would anyone know if it is really more helpful to have it done in Toronto? What does a pelvic mri show?
Lernica

Re: MRI in Toronto

Post by Lernica »

It doesn't matter where you have it done. You just need to take Dr. G's requisition to a local hospital and then wait for a phone call telling you when and where it will be (and wait, and wait and wait. Be prepared to wait up to three months.). He might be looking for some pathology in your pelvis which would explain your symptoms, like a twisted fallopian tube or some degeneration in the hip joints. What does the requisition say? He usually writes something very short like: "Rule out labral tear".

BTW, I have found the wait times at Mount Sinai Hospital to be significantly shorter than elsewhere so it might be worth the trip to Toronto anyway. They know him there since it's where his pain clinic is located.

Good luck!
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com

Return to “MRI/MRN”