I haven't used a roho cushion but will ask about them when i see wheelchair services.
The Mri is to look to make sure i havent damaged my spine, so i don't think it will be looking at the pudendal nerve, but my spine. I've got rods in my spine from T2 to L5 so i was wondering if that might play a part too.
i'll have a look at the mri sub forum
thanks
new here, think i have PN
- helenlegs 11
- Posts: 1779
- Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:39 am
- Location: North East England
Re: new here, think i have PN
I wouldn't have thought that the spinal area that you have the rods would have any effect on genital numbness scope, unless there is evidence of cauda equina syndrome. The pudendal nerve which innervates the penis and scrotum comes from the sacral nerve roots S2,3 and 4. The other things to get checked would be pelvic floor muscles and the piriformis muscle just in case any are tight and restricting the pudendal nerve. It's more usual to be the pelvic floor muscles causing a problem.
Hope you get some answers and get this problem sorted out soon.
Take care,
Helen
Hope you get some answers and get this problem sorted out soon.
Take care,
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
Re: new here, think i have PN
Hi,
The Mri came back fine. But the issue is still there/getting worse
If it's the pelvic floor muscles causing an issue, what can i do to help it?
The Mri came back fine. But the issue is still there/getting worse
If it's the pelvic floor muscles causing an issue, what can i do to help it?
Re: new here, think i have PN
A PN - aware physical therapist could work on the pelvic floor muscles. There is a list off the homepage.
janet
janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
Re: new here, think i have PN
Hey,
I've found one off of the home page, that i will write an email to.
in terms of working on the pelvic floor muscles, what kind of things will i need to do?
I've found one off of the home page, that i will write an email to.
in terms of working on the pelvic floor muscles, what kind of things will i need to do?
Re: new here, think i have PN
The PT might do pelvic floor myofascial release. Possibly biofeedback, soft tissue mobilization, or teaching you how to relax the pelvic floor. They should evaluate your pelvis for misalignment, SIJD dysfunction or other musculoskeletal anomalies.
Violet
Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Re: new here, think i have PN
Is it worth contacting one of the dr's on the list too? as I'm not sure when i will be able to go up to scotland (Although if the physio replies saying it would be worth it, i will go up)
Re: new here, think i have PN
Yes, it's good to get on the waiting list because I've heard it can take a long time to get an appointment. It's generally considered good to start with non-invasive, conservative therapies first so that's why many people start with PT first.
Violet
Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Re: new here, think i have PN
Ok, should i just go to my GP's to get on the waiting list or is there something else I have to do?
thanks for all the help, i really appreciate it. I'm obviously quite worried about it all, but it really helps that there is such a helpful and supportive community here
thanks for all the help, i really appreciate it. I'm obviously quite worried about it all, but it really helps that there is such a helpful and supportive community here
Re: new here, think i have PN
In the UK, I think you have to get a referral from you GP before you go to a specialist, right?
Violet
Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.