Clamare Therapy

This is an area to share and learn about new Medical Advances and Techniques where we can be educated and educate.
Post Reply
PN-SufferVT
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:46 pm

Clamare Therapy

Post by PN-SufferVT »

This looks very promising for folks who do not have actual entrapment, but muscle or myofascial compression. I believe this is promising also in helping those who have had decompression surgery. I have looked at lots of research, and it flat out says that if you have an entrapment the benefits will not last. However, for some with pudendal neuropathy outcomes have been significant, with reduction in pain scores to very long duration of relief, some are said to have been cured. Check it out at the links below. Your thought on this are welcome.... research research research!!!

http://www.calmarett.com/locations.html
on Tuesday
PN started in June 2009, quickly pain level went to 10. PN probably caused from long hours sitting in car, followed by weightlifting/sports daily. My pain level are now daily between 1 and 4. I do not know if I have true entrapment, but definitely know I have neuralgia of the PN.
Emily B
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:21 am

Re: Clamare Therapy

Post by Emily B »

Are they talking about a TENS unit?

Emily B.
PN-SufferVT
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: Clamare Therapy

Post by PN-SufferVT »

This is a new type of unit similar to a TENS. It has been used in Europe with positive results. It was FDA approved in the USA, just this year!
Last edited by PN-SufferVT on Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
PN started in June 2009, quickly pain level went to 10. PN probably caused from long hours sitting in car, followed by weightlifting/sports daily. My pain level are now daily between 1 and 4. I do not know if I have true entrapment, but definitely know I have neuralgia of the PN.
PN-SufferVT
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: Clamare Therapy

Post by PN-SufferVT »

I was very skeptical till I read quite a bit of positive research from Europe about it. Sounded like some type of vudu.... but the proof is there. Today, I called one of the locations that has the machine. The gentlemen I spoke with was very nice his name was David, I believe. He said they have very positive results with the PN patients they have treated. He said to call him back if I had anymore questions. I am sure he would be willing to field more questions.

Commonwealth Pain Specialists
John Barsanti, MD
Stephen Long, MD
1501 Maple Avenue, Ste. 301
Richmond, VA 23226
UNITED STATES
Tel: 804.288.7246
Web: http://www.commonwealthpain.com

Furthermore, this website actually list Pudendal Neuropathy as an condition it treats.... http://www.calmarpainrelief.com/
PN started in June 2009, quickly pain level went to 10. PN probably caused from long hours sitting in car, followed by weightlifting/sports daily. My pain level are now daily between 1 and 4. I do not know if I have true entrapment, but definitely know I have neuralgia of the PN.
User avatar
A's Mommy
Posts: 447
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:46 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Clamare Therapy

Post by A's Mommy »

Great find, PT VT!

Thanks for the link; I will be checking it out as I am post-op.

Will discuss with Dr. Hibner when time is right.

Best wishes to you,

A's Mommy
Daughter grew completely on left side of pelvis
Multiple uterine surgeries to fix uterine adhesions, septum, and endo
Had all the conservative workups done, 3Tesla (Potter), recovering from L sided TG (Hibner) 11/10, Botox 6/11 failed, bilateral anterior PNE decompression (distal Alcock's/perineal branch), Aszmann, Vienna, 10/11; dx'd with CRPS Type 2, 12/11, Ketamine @ CCF 2/12, doing 75% better PRAISE JESUS!
http://fighting-pne.blogspot.com
http://www.thepelvicmessenger.org
Emily B
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:21 am

Re: Clamare Therapy

Post by Emily B »

Thanks, A's Mommy. I would love to hear what Dr. Hibner's opinion is on this new treatment.

Emily B.
PN-SufferVT
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: Clamare Therapy

Post by PN-SufferVT »

I have an appointment with my physiatrist (not psychiatrist) today. He is a wonderful PM&R doctor, as well as pain specialist. This guy actually co-authored some of my wife's med school books. Anyway, I am going to ask him his thoughts today on Calmare therapy. I will let the forum know what he says. Like many physicians he may not be familiar with it, since it is very new to the US.
PN started in June 2009, quickly pain level went to 10. PN probably caused from long hours sitting in car, followed by weightlifting/sports daily. My pain level are now daily between 1 and 4. I do not know if I have true entrapment, but definitely know I have neuralgia of the PN.
Post Reply

Return to “MEDICAL ADVANCES & EDUCATION”