Hello,
After many misdiagnoses and various treatments for PN, I have decided to move forward with laparoscopic decompression surgery with Dr. Bautrant in November 2024.
My symptoms have only become worse since this started 4 years ago. I’ve only had short breaks in symptoms following nerve blocks.
My question is- have I waited too long for surgery? Is the nerve irreversibly damaged? November 2024 will be 4 years and 2 months since my injury that caused PN.
Thank you!
Decompression surgery after 4 years of PNE
Re: Decompression surgery after 4 years of PNE
Hi Linzee,
I think it could depend on the mechanism of injury and the extent of injury. There are people who have waited for a long time who have gotten better after surgery. Is Dr. Bautrant giving you any hope for recovery? Knowing him, I doubt he would go ahead with surgery if he didn't think there was a chance for you to recover.
Violet
I think it could depend on the mechanism of injury and the extent of injury. There are people who have waited for a long time who have gotten better after surgery. Is Dr. Bautrant giving you any hope for recovery? Knowing him, I doubt he would go ahead with surgery if he didn't think there was a chance for you to recover.
Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
-
valentino88
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:41 pm
Re: Decompression surgery after 4 years of PNE
Hey, sorry to hear you've been dealing with PN for 4 years. It's great you've found a doctor and a plan.
As for waiting too long, it's a valid concern, but the fact that nerve blocks gave you some relief suggests there's still hope. Dr. Bautrant will assess the damage during surgery. Try not to dwell on the past and focus on the progress you're making now. You've got this!
As for waiting too long, it's a valid concern, but the fact that nerve blocks gave you some relief suggests there's still hope. Dr. Bautrant will assess the damage during surgery. Try not to dwell on the past and focus on the progress you're making now. You've got this!
-
FinalCountdown
- Posts: 42
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:53 am
Re: Decompression surgery after 4 years of PNE
Make SURE your surgeon plans on descarring your nerve. I had a classic entrapment between the sacrospinous and sacrotuberous ligaments. The majority of the surgery, time wise, was spent removing scar tissue.
Re: Decompression surgery after 4 years of PNE
May I ask how much the surgery costs for a foreign cirizen?
And how are you doing now after the surgery?
Thanks,
Bart
And how are you doing now after the surgery?
Thanks,
Bart
Linzee87 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 06, 2024 4:07 am Hello,
After many misdiagnoses and various treatments for PN, I have decided to move forward with laparoscopic decompression surgery with Dr. Bautrant in November 2024.
My symptoms have only become worse since this started 4 years ago. I’ve only had short breaks in symptoms following nerve blocks.
My question is- have I waited too long for surgery? Is the nerve irreversibly damaged? November 2024 will be 4 years and 2 months since my injury that caused PN.
Thank you!
May 2002 - developed disabling PN.
Aug 2002 - started 4 rounds of CT scan guided nerve blocks
Feb 2003 - had bilateral decompression surgery. The surgeon found a very obvious abnormal issue on the left side that was wrapped around my nerve and squeezing it flat. Slow improvement over the next 6 years.
6 years after surgery Egoscue Method helped me completely get rid of lingering symptoms.
No issues with PN for 14 years.
Nov 2023 - accident triggered disabling PN again
Aug 2002 - started 4 rounds of CT scan guided nerve blocks
Feb 2003 - had bilateral decompression surgery. The surgeon found a very obvious abnormal issue on the left side that was wrapped around my nerve and squeezing it flat. Slow improvement over the next 6 years.
6 years after surgery Egoscue Method helped me completely get rid of lingering symptoms.
No issues with PN for 14 years.
Nov 2023 - accident triggered disabling PN again
Re: Decompression surgery after 4 years of PNE
Hello Bart,
My friend is getting a surgery with Dr. Bautrant in a week. According to him surgery for non EU patients cost 7000 EUR. This includes hospital stay.
My friend is getting a surgery with Dr. Bautrant in a week. According to him surgery for non EU patients cost 7000 EUR. This includes hospital stay.
-
Pain_Darren
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2024 1:46 pm
Re: Decompression surgery after 4 years of PNE
.
Last edited by Pain_Darren on Wed Aug 20, 2025 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Nikispiridakos
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2025 2:44 am
Re: Decompression surgery after 4 years of PNE
Unfortunately, anywhere in the United States at least, that is an extremely cheap price without having insurance here, even if you had to pay double for both sides, which I don’t think you have to do with him. I think he does bilateral for that price. Dr Bollens is 30,000. Euro and the cheapest in the United States without an insurance is about the same as Dr Bollens’s Price..