Penile numbness/pudendal nerve injury - 8 months post injury
Penile numbness/pudendal nerve injury - 8 months post injury
Deleted.
Last edited by AL456 on Mon Oct 27, 2025 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Penile numbness/pudendal nerve injury - 8 months post injury
Hi AL,
I can't speak from experience, but you might want to read the section in the Nantes Criteria article that has the heading: Pain with No Objective Sensory Impairment
https://www.pudendalhope.info/wp-conten ... iteria.pdf
The article was written a few years back so, I don't know, maybe the surgeon who is recommending surgery knows something new.
Does the surgeon who says you absolutely have a nerve compression have any statistics on how many surgeries he's done to relieve such suspected compressions for loss of sensation, and what the success rate is?
I know it's always difficult weighing the risk vs. the benefit when considering surgery. Is your quality of life so bad that you willing to risk possible worse symptoms as opposed to permanent numbness. It can be an agonizing decision.
There's a guy who posted about some success a little while back with username Staypositive. You might want to do an advanced search on his posts (in the upper right corner). I think he posted 19 times.
Violet
I can't speak from experience, but you might want to read the section in the Nantes Criteria article that has the heading: Pain with No Objective Sensory Impairment
https://www.pudendalhope.info/wp-conten ... iteria.pdf
The article was written a few years back so, I don't know, maybe the surgeon who is recommending surgery knows something new.
Does the surgeon who says you absolutely have a nerve compression have any statistics on how many surgeries he's done to relieve such suspected compressions for loss of sensation, and what the success rate is?
I know it's always difficult weighing the risk vs. the benefit when considering surgery. Is your quality of life so bad that you willing to risk possible worse symptoms as opposed to permanent numbness. It can be an agonizing decision.
There's a guy who posted about some success a little while back with username Staypositive. You might want to do an advanced search on his posts (in the upper right corner). I think he posted 19 times.
Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Re: Penile numbness/pudendal nerve injury - 8 months post injury
Deleted.
Last edited by AL456 on Mon Oct 27, 2025 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Penile numbness/pudendal nerve injury - 8 months post injury
That's a good question. If you read farther down in the article It does list numbness as one of the complementary criteria. So, I'm not sure what they mean by no objective sensory impairment but apparently it doesn't include numbness.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.