Muscle tensions - PT Work

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Post Reply
Lilo123
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2025 3:01 pm

Muscle tensions - PT Work

Post by Lilo123 »

Hello everyone,
I was wondering: How come there is often a worsening of symptoms when PT work internal?
Is the release of tension not beneficial for the nerve?
Thanks in advance! lilo
April
Posts: 738
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:59 am

Re: Muscle tensions - PT Work

Post by April »

Hi Lilo,

If your pt is doing internal work for therapeutic (and not diagnostic) purposes, and it's giving you flares, I'd request that the pt just do external work (e.g., remove trigger points in the piriformis muscle or the inner thigh). Internal pt always made me worse, so I stayed with external work.

April
User avatar
Violet M
Posts: 7167
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:04 am
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Muscle tensions - PT Work

Post by Violet M »

I quit internal PT before my PNE surgery because it was flaring things up. It didn't make sense to me to keep irritating the nerve more.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Post Reply

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”