.

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
aussie_surfer
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2025 7:08 am

.

Post by aussie_surfer »

.
Last edited by aussie_surfer on Sat Apr 25, 2026 8:56 am, edited 7 times in total.
User avatar
Violet M
Posts: 7169
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:04 am
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: PN from anal sex

Post by Violet M »

Hi Aussie,

Yes, it sounds like a failed PN block since you had no loss of sensation in the distribution area of the PN. That's unfortunate.

The inferior rectal nerve can be tricky because of the variations in anatomy -- sometimes coming off the main trunk of the pudendal nerve above the ischial spine, so it doesn't always respond to a pudendal nerve block even if the block is given correctly. But still, you are sort of left with an unsatisfactory feeling about that nerve block since you didn't even get numb. Do any of your doctors recommend a second block since the one you had didn't seem to be adequate for a diagnosis?

Have you tried baclofen suppository?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
aussie_surfer
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2025 7:08 am

Re: PN from anal sex

Post by aussie_surfer »

.
Last edited by aussie_surfer on Thu Dec 25, 2025 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
aussie_surfer
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2025 7:08 am

Re: PN from anal sex

Post by aussie_surfer »

.
Last edited by aussie_surfer on Sat Apr 25, 2026 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave1953
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 am

Re: PN from anal sex

Post by Dave1953 »

So I got PN from bike riding. But I’ve tried every common drug out there for this. The only thing that works is tramadol 50 mg lasts about 5 hours. I’ve had PN for .8 years. Only advice is to not chase pain. If tramadol works take At first sign of pain. I awake each day with minimal pain. Then it starts up from bending, sitting. Best of luck
aussie_surfer
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2025 7:08 am

Re: PN from anal sex

Post by aussie_surfer »

.
Last edited by aussie_surfer on Sun Feb 22, 2026 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave1953
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 am

Re: PN from anal sex

Post by Dave1953 »

The extended release tramadol not in my formulary so I take regular 50 mg ones. If I didn’t need bowel movements I might be fine! It causes flares. I take only one day and hope it gets me through the day. I had 12 day run of no pain and took no tramadol. This six weeks after PN block. Just goes to show that you could get better. I don’t think it was the injection. Weird.
Dave1953
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 am

Re: PN from anal sex

Post by Dave1953 »

Also I had Pn for 5 years. Went away for 6 years. Now it’s back going on 3 years. It’s heart breaking.
aussie_surfer
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2025 7:08 am

Re: PN from anal sex

Post by aussie_surfer »

.
Last edited by aussie_surfer on Thu Dec 25, 2025 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Violet M
Posts: 7169
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:04 am
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: PN from anal sex

Post by Violet M »

aussie_surfer wrote: ↑Mon Aug 04, 2025 12:31 pm Violet (or others), would you please happen to know, is the inferior rectal branch itself able to be decompressed or accessed surgically?
I haven't heard of it being done, but there is always a first......
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Post Reply

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”