Successor of Dr Dellon for PNE

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
Post Reply
eltonfun
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:17 pm

Successor of Dr Dellon for PNE

Post by eltonfun »

Good morning,

I would like to know if any of you know the real successor of Dr. Lee Dellon for PNE.
Dr. Eric Williams appears on Dr. Dellon's website, while Dr. Tim Tollestrup appears on YouTube.
There is some confusion about this topic and having been a patient of Dellon I would like to be treated by the right person.
I await your response.
Thank you

Andrea
jaxi123
Posts: 566
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:35 am

Re: Successor of Dr Dellon for PNE

Post by jaxi123 »

What did Dellon do for you. Heard he has damaged lots of patients and shouldn’t even have his license. Years ago he sent me an enticing email trying to lure me into seeing him. I showed it to my local doctor and he flipped.
User avatar
Violet M
Posts: 7162
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:04 am
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Successor of Dr Dellon for PNE

Post by Violet M »

Both Dr. Eric Williams and Dr. Tim Tollestrap are listed as having done a fellowship at the Dellon Institute for Peripheral Nerve Surgery.

You can look up their medical licenses to see if there are any disciplinary actions against them by the medical board in their state:

For Dr. Tollestrup:

Go to this website https://nsbme.us.thentiacloud.net/webs/ ... egister/#/ and put in the last name Tollestrup and select search by last name. Then go to View and you will see he has no disciplinary actions against him, and he is in good standing.

For Eric Williams:

Go to this website https://www.mbp.state.md.us/bpqapp/Default.aspx and put in Williams for the last name and then choose Eric Howard Williams. Go to his profile and you will see that he is in good standing and there are no disciplinary actions against him.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
jobby99
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed May 22, 2024 6:08 pm

Re: Successor of Dr Dellon for PNE

Post by jobby99 »

I would go see a very detail oriented plastic surgeon, Dr. Anthony Echo, at Houston Methodist since he does the transgluteal operations every week. His office is very busy and frustrating to work with, but if you use mychart for messaging them, you are more likely to get response. I personally have had hernia repair / mesh removal / nerve repair and feel he is knowledgable. The surgery was very difficult given it was the 5th surgery in the same area due to other providers just using more mesh and not properly creating peripheral nerve interfaces for ilio-inguinal, ilio-hypogastric, and genitofemoral. Dr. Dellon's successors have knowledge of many different peripheral nerve surgeries, but you can find providers that may have even more experience with specific surgeries that don't charge you $20,000 for each surgery. If you have a large bank account, then I would see them for a physical exam and second opinion and only have surgery with them given somebody else agrees with the diagnosis. I had a healthy 401k before seeing Dr. Tollestrup in Nevada, but not anymore. He diagnosed my piriformis syndrome and did not consider the posterior femoral cutaneous nerve in the differential diagnosis. I ended up having my piriformis removed and still had significant pain afterwards, since that was not the main cause or maybe did not cause any pain. I asked him about pudendal neuralgia and got the impression that he was not getting good results with the surgery (2019). If you are female, you have more options for treatment, like Dr. Conway.
jobby99
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed May 22, 2024 6:08 pm

Re: Successor of Dr Dellon for PNE

Post by jobby99 »

FYI: There are about 20 doctors that trained with Dellon, but most of them do cosmetic surgery. I contacted Dr. Ducic who was one of the few who does nerve decompressions that trained under Dellon, but he basically said that he can't help me with an unrelated nerve problem. I was very dissappointed. I just think having trained under Dellon isn't necessarily the gold standard for care. Some things to check would be if they trained under Dr. Yang at Michigan, Dr. Susan Mackinnon at WUSL, Dr. Spinner at Mayo Clinic, Japan/Taiwan microsurgery fellowship, and probably many more that I don't know about. If you read the CV of the doctors, you start to see a pattern and many share similar paths to become good neurosurgeons. For example, this link describes some peripheral nerve fellowship programs and their leaders: https://peripheralnerve.org/fellowship-directory/.
User avatar
Violet M
Posts: 7162
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:04 am
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Successor of Dr Dellon for PNE

Post by Violet M »

That's sad that your 401K got depleted so badly, and really disappointing that the surgery didn't help you. Just shows how devastating this illness can be when we are willing to go to such great lengths to try to get well. Anyway, thanks for all of the information.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
FinalCountdown
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:53 am

Re: Successor of Dr Dellon for PNE

Post by FinalCountdown »

I've had surgery by Dr. Dellon and Dr. Ducic, and am in contact with Dr. Williams.

Dr. Dellon did NOT perform PNE surgeries, or if he did, he started doing so after 2011. In the same day, he both saved my life (truly), and caused me harm (sort of). But as much as I hate to say it, I wouldn't be here if it weren't for that Narcissistic asshole. Make of that what you will, and note the double entendre on the word "here." Regardless, he saved my life ... and I also wouldn't take a glass of water from him if I were dying of thirst.

Dr. Ducic is an excellent peripheral nerve surgeon who operated on me successfully and skillfully.

Dr. Williams is someone of excellent reputation with whom I plan on meeting soon for a consultation - from everything I've seen, he is *really* good.

Don't forget, Lee Dellon was a pioneer, and pioneers in medicine make catastrophic mistakes when they're only trying to help people. That's just the way it is, and it's the way it has always been. Dellon was smart as HELL.
Post Reply

Return to “SURGERY”