My husband did some searching for me and came up with an article from a medical textbook that described the histopathology of chronic nerve compression. This was in regards to CARPAL TUNNEL SYNDROME, which as many of you know, the PNE doctors often compare PNE with CPS. I will try to scan in the diagram tomorrow, but wanted to post a bit about it.
Histopathology ---> Blood-nerve barrier breakdown ---> Endoneurial edema ---> Connective tissue thickening ---> Localized fiber demyelination ---> Diffuse fiber demyelination ---> Axonal degeneration
Symptoms ---> Intermittent paresthesia and/or aching ---> Constant paresthesia and/or weakness ---> Numbness and atrophy
Sensory testing ---> Positive provocative maneuvers ---> Abnormal thresholds ---> Abnormal two-point discrimination
Hope this helps. It helped me understand a little bit about how the scar tissue possibly developed around my nerve from the compression of my child's growing body inside me, not moving due to my uterine abnormality.
A's Mommy
Histopathology of Chronic Compression
Histopathology of Chronic Compression
Daughter grew completely on left side of pelvis
Multiple uterine surgeries to fix uterine adhesions, septum, and endo
Had all the conservative workups done, 3Tesla (Potter), recovering from L sided TG (Hibner) 11/10, Botox 6/11 failed, bilateral anterior PNE decompression (distal Alcock's/perineal branch), Aszmann, Vienna, 10/11; dx'd with CRPS Type 2, 12/11, Ketamine @ CCF 2/12, doing 75% better PRAISE JESUS!
http://fighting-pne.blogspot.com
http://www.thepelvicmessenger.org
Multiple uterine surgeries to fix uterine adhesions, septum, and endo
Had all the conservative workups done, 3Tesla (Potter), recovering from L sided TG (Hibner) 11/10, Botox 6/11 failed, bilateral anterior PNE decompression (distal Alcock's/perineal branch), Aszmann, Vienna, 10/11; dx'd with CRPS Type 2, 12/11, Ketamine @ CCF 2/12, doing 75% better PRAISE JESUS!
http://fighting-pne.blogspot.com
http://www.thepelvicmessenger.org
Re: Histopathology of Chronic Compression
Interesting.
Dr. Antolak is one of the few PNE docs I know of who does threshold and sensory testing and I had some very abnormal results from those tests. For instance when he put a warm (not hot) object on my skin it burned for several minutes after he removed it. Can't remember if he did a two point discrimination test but he did pinprick tests and I felt the pinprick in an entirely different area than where it really was.
Dr. Antolak is one of the few PNE docs I know of who does threshold and sensory testing and I had some very abnormal results from those tests. For instance when he put a warm (not hot) object on my skin it burned for several minutes after he removed it. Can't remember if he did a two point discrimination test but he did pinprick tests and I felt the pinprick in an entirely different area than where it really was.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Re: Histopathology of Chronic Compression
very interesting. will read again when more alert. yes, i know, I'm supposed to be taking two days off from PNE research. See how good I am at staying away from it? lol (I suck). I just can't stop.
nonetheless, very interesting.
my antolak sensory test showed less than regular sensation rectally, more than usual sensation in my inner thighs and I guess labially... need to find that paper.
nonetheless, very interesting.
my antolak sensory test showed less than regular sensation rectally, more than usual sensation in my inner thighs and I guess labially... need to find that paper.
-straddle fall age 4-7 w/bleeding labia, tampons hurt in teens, papsmere started annoying pelvic 'tingling' & pne in 02
-obturator surgery w/ Filler in 05 (useless, created sciatic & plantar fascitis pain)
-TIR surgery w/ Bautrant in 08 and vestibulectomy in 08 in France (vest. removed pain w/intercourse, pain w/sitting increased post surgery)
-chronic fatigue & food allergies/migraines (gluten, milk) from pain meds in 08
-want a life back. I'm 34 w/8+ years of pain
-obturator surgery w/ Filler in 05 (useless, created sciatic & plantar fascitis pain)
-TIR surgery w/ Bautrant in 08 and vestibulectomy in 08 in France (vest. removed pain w/intercourse, pain w/sitting increased post surgery)
-chronic fatigue & food allergies/migraines (gluten, milk) from pain meds in 08
-want a life back. I'm 34 w/8+ years of pain