Page 2 of 2

Re: Embarassing bodies TV programme

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:22 pm
by Karyn
Ladies,
I live in the US, so I don't have the ability to watch Embarrassing Bodies. We have something similar called "Hard to diagnose", or something like that. I may look further into it, as it would fabulous to get the word out about our condition, world-wide!
helenlegs 11 wrote:I have tried in the past to get 'our story' into the public domain by writing to daytime TV shows but only got a generic thankyou and nothing else
How surprising! Maybe including our new HOPE letter would be helpful? I mean, what could possibly be more embarrassing than all that comes with our condition? :shock: Affects bowels, bladder, genitalia, can't sit, etc ....
Best wishes and warmest regards,
Karyn

Re: Embarassing bodies TV programme

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:33 pm
by helenlegs 11
jennyp wrote: and I am encouraged by the fact the programme now does "living with incurable conditions" rather than just the diagnosis side.

Anyone think one of the UK PN consultants would do a piece ???
Jenny
That sounds like they are open to more than the original idea then, so thats good. I'm sure we can 'manufacture' something if the response is positive.
Think I will ask Dr Greenslade how the 'Bristol Team' happened and what sparked the interest in PN that might be a good story too ? ? Speaking to him on the 6th.

Precisley Karyn, If these programmes exist we should try and make use of them, otherwise getter the word out there seems like an insurmountable task.
Take care all,
Helen

Re: Embarassing bodies TV programme

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:00 pm
by little mo
Hello Helen
I have applied twice to embarrasing bodies. the application form was three pages amd took almost 2hours to compleate.
I was attracted to appling because they promise if they accept you then you will be cured.....I have sent many emails also and have asked for the place that might have sent and I would be willing to pay the fee..but have not heard back from them...I don't want to despair you, and I wish you very much luck/...on the last travelling clinic they were a few miles from where I live in Kent...I could have travelled to them....but alas no .I wish you good luck in this case go for it don't give up ..just wanted you to not get too excited and then let down love from little mo
xxx