Page 2 of 2
Re: Numbness after surgery
Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2025 5:01 am
by romotronco88
hope you've started to see some improvements post-surgery, partner! rooting for you
Re: Numbness after surgery
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2025 10:02 am
by Mustermann123
Violet M wrote: ↑Wed May 28, 2025 12:12 am
After my PNE surgery, I used a TENS unit to target the obturator internus muscle and piriformis muscle to calm the muscle tension. Might be worth asking your PT to evaluate which muscles are tense and how you can use a TENS unit to calm them.
Violet
I also have a TENS device that includes a rectal probe. Did you use it in the same way, or did you have pads that you applied to the skin? It would be very interesting to know how one can specifically target the muscles you mentioned using it. I assume you used a low frequency? Thank you.
Re: Numbness after surgery
Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2025 2:51 am
by Violet M
I used electrodes, not a probe. There is a description of how I used the TENS unit in this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=5266