Re: update on my condition
Posted: Tue May 12, 2026 8:22 am
....
Thank you for your reply Violet,
Just a brief update on my nerve block from last year. Unfortunately, it didn’t help — my pudendal pain worsened immediately after, lasting two weeks, then fluctuated often, and eventually returned to its usual severe level once the numbness wore off. My bladder pain and urgency also stayed severe. The procedure did confirm pudendal neuralgia.
The pain only reduced slightly because of the numbness. The block involved anesthetic and steroid. Most medications haven’t helped so far. At this stage I haven't decided on which treatments I will try next.
I’m still recovering from long‑term neurological exhaustion, so I won’t be able to post or answer follow‑up questions right now. I just wanted to share this update as promised. I appreciate the support here and hope to return when I’m further along in my neurological recovery.
....
Thank you for your reply Violet,
Just a brief update on my nerve block from last year. Unfortunately, it didn’t help — my pudendal pain worsened immediately after, lasting two weeks, then fluctuated often, and eventually returned to its usual severe level once the numbness wore off. My bladder pain and urgency also stayed severe. The procedure did confirm pudendal neuralgia.
The pain only reduced slightly because of the numbness. The block involved anesthetic and steroid. Most medications haven’t helped so far. At this stage I haven't decided on which treatments I will try next.
I’m still recovering from long‑term neurological exhaustion, so I won’t be able to post or answer follow‑up questions right now. I just wanted to share this update as promised. I appreciate the support here and hope to return when I’m further along in my neurological recovery.
....