Page 2 of 2

Re: I'm researching cryoablation

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2026 10:52 pm
by stephanies
Hi LottaNerve,

Did you decide to go ahead with cryo? Any updates? I hope you are having less pain.

Stephanies

Re: I'm researching cryoablation

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2026 3:25 pm
by matthewscott
Thanks

Re: I'm researching cryoablation

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2026 3:27 pm
by matthewscott
Thanks for sharing these experiences. It’s helpful to hear how different people responded to nerve blocks and cryoablation, especially since the results seem to vary from person to person. I agree that getting clear information about the exact nerve being targeted, expected benefits, risks, and possible alternatives is important before making a decision. I hope you find an approach that provides lasting relief, and please keep us updated on how things go.

Re: I'm researching cryoablation

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2026 8:52 pm
by eraser
matthewscott wrote: ↑Tue Aug 25, 2026 3:27 pm Thanks for sharing these experiences. It’s helpful to hear how different people responded to nerve blocks and cryoablation, especially since the results seem to vary from person to person. I agree that getting clear information about the exact nerve being targeted, expected benefits, risks, and possible alternatives is important before making a decision. I hope you find an approach that provides lasting relief, and please keep us updated on how things go.
The data regarding the effectiveness of nerve blocks is fairly consistent actually and they should be thought of a diagnostic test only.

Re: I'm researching cryoablation

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2026 2:59 am
by Violet M
eraser wrote: ↑Tue Aug 25, 2026 8:52 pm

The data regarding the effectiveness of nerve blocks is fairly consistent actually and they should be thought of a diagnostic test only.
I completely agree that pudendal nerve blocks are primarily valuable for diagnostic purposes. My understanding is that you would need a pudendal nerve block before cryoablation to help ensure they are cryoablating the correct nerve. You wouldn’t need the steroid in the nerve block - just the anesthetic.

Re: I'm researching cryoablation

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 5:53 pm
by stephanies
MatthewScott,

Violet is correct. A pudendal nerve block is done prior to cryoablation. While my PN block renporsriky relieved my pain, the cryo caused a terrible and long lasting flare and was not helpful for me in any way.

Stephanies

Re: I'm researching cryoablation

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 11:21 am
by eraser
I think so few are offering it that it should be regarded as experimental. I accept to progress the field though, brave patients like yourself are leading the way by trying it