Page 2 of 6

Re: cushion ideas

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:29 pm
by kathyd
Hi,
Thanks for your suggestion..I have several cushions and one that i sound similar from RElax the back..What type of pain do you have? ie...where is it located and is throbbing/aching or burning? Mine hasn't worked well (it has air nozzles to, but maybe there is somethng special about the waffle one.

Thx again!

Re: cushion ideas

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:38 pm
by mostimmemorialyear

Re: cushion ideas

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:01 pm
by Ray P.
http://www.wondergel.com works for me.

Ray

Re: cushion ideas

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:11 pm
by Faith
Ray P, the wondergel cushion looks nice. Which one do you have? I see they have 4 different ones. Where is your pain when you sit mostly?

Re: cushion ideas

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:55 pm
by Emily B
This is the cushion I use from ICN. I don't how I'd live without it. It costs only $26.99.
https://www.icnsales.com/chair-cushions/ (Bladdder and Prostate Friendly Chair Cushion)
Emily B.

Re: cushion ideas

Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:39 pm
by Faith
The IC cushion was horrible for me. Smushed down to nothing (and I got the D or E - the firmest). But the worst was there was barely any opening to take the pressure off and I have pain in my sit bones so it didn't take the pressure off that.

Re: cushion ideas

Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:49 pm
by Laura
I finally found a cushion that allows me to sit in my car. I've tried so many. Donuts, all kinds of pillows, small tire tube, home made , pool noodles, interstitial cystitis pillow etc. Nothing worked. The pool noodles were way to firm for me, whether I made a big letter U out of them, or any way I tried to use them. I found a pool noddle in costco that's completely different then those awful, hard foam ones. I don't know what kind of filling they have, but they're wonderful. They hold my pelvic area off the seat, but there so soft to sit on. I make a U out of it. Now I haven't tried to drive yet, but at least for now I can sit in the passenger seat instead of lying in the back.

Re: cushion ideas

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:56 am
by Ray P.
I got my first two from Geltec 8-10yrs. ago; it was the thick and thin ones. Geltec went out of business. I just found out this place bought the patten. i just
got this one with firm and soft sides. I am trying it out know using the firm side. Geltec only made one firmness I think, the soft one. They last a long time. These are a little
smaller in size then Geltic, but works for me since I am not a big person.

I recommend them, but I know a person with PNE that did not like it.

Ray

Re: cushion ideas

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:17 am
by Ray P.
Faith my pain is in my scrotum and perineal area.

Ray

Re: cushion ideas

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:27 am
by Quilter 2
Hi;
I use a Tush Cush and it works the best. The others all cave in the middle as soon as I sit on them and that squishes everything together. If I put it on something really firm it works the best. rod put together some sort of cardboard thing to fill in the front seat of the car, and then I put the cushion on top. I'm 117 lbs. and I still crush any other pillow. Check out Amazon. If you do decide to try it, keep the plastic on it and use it in the car and anywhere else you can think of. If you hate it, send it back. If you like it, take the plastic off and good luck
doreen