I think that patients who can be helped by physio or blocks (but how will they ever know until that's been tried and then failed) could be candidates for Dr De Mellow. I would hate to be even partly responsible for recommending him to someone who is say properly entrapped/tethered, someone who physio and blocks will never be able to help long term for instance. . . YOU infact Calluna! What would he do with them once the blocks had failed to cure?
Maybe it's because I don't understand the implications of Maignes syndrome Poppy? as I said I haven't heard of it but did do a little reading about it, will do some more perhaps. It sometimes takes a while to get it through my thick head
I agree Calluna, the CBT will probably be a lifesaver for you now Poppy. I do hope that you manage the pregabalin without too many problems. I did work incredibly for me, too well as I may have already said
It is fantastic to be able to talk with someone who does know what you are going on about isn't it. Especially when you have gone on about it for so long to others who should know about it and just don't!! I'm glad that you had the opportunity to speak to him. Did you go privately in the end btw?
Keep in touch, let us know how you get on.
From your recommendation Calluna I did get that book by Neville Shone and would recommend that to you too Poppy. There are also many publications about mindfulness training and some mindfulness courses that could be of help.
Take care
Helen.