Page 2 of 3

Re: Urinary Tract infection, vaginal laceration and bleeding

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:58 pm
by Krisssy
Violet M wrote:Krisssy, is PNE surgery not an option for you or not recommended due to your previous pelvic surgeries? If Botox is your last and final option and it provides some relief then it sounds like it could be worth it if that is your only option but it's unfortunate that it did not last a bit longer. :( Are there any other options you can try that you haven't tried yet?

Hugs,

Violet
The dr. who did the Botox did say that if this didn't work, PNE surgery is the next step. But after this trauma, I am afraid. Krisssy

Re: Urinary Tract infection, vaginal laceration and bleeding

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:01 pm
by Krisssy
Jax87 wrote:HI Krissy,
I just thought I'd put my two cents in since I have had botox intravaginally. I did not have any bleeding, thank God, and it wasn't done with any anethsesia. I'm sorry you had such a rough time.

The botox also only relaxed my pelvic muscles for a few weeks, not the promised few months! I think that it did not work for me as well because of the underlying orthopedic issues that I have.

I know you said you had some scar tissue that might be a problem. Since you live in New York, have you thought about going to see Dr. Andrew in Cornwall for ESWT? Some people have had good experiences with it for scar tissue. He's only about 6 hours from NYC. Just a thought.

I thought that botox was my last option too and one point, but there are always more things to try. Don't give up!

Hugs,
Jackie
What is ESWT and where is Dr. Cornwell located?

Re: Urinary Tract infection, vaginal laceration and bleeding

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:04 pm
by Krisssy
helenlegs 11 wrote:Hi Krissy,
You are right that some continuing use of botox could have good long term effects, especially if it has worked initially. The theory being that the muscles 'learn' to relax and even when the procedure is stopped, the muscles continue in this relaxed state which after all is the normal situation for muscles to be when at rest.
I would hope that because you have had this dreadful reaction to the first injection that you would be properly monitored for any similar effects if you did decide to have more.
There are people who have been helped with this sort of approach.
I don't have tight pelvic floor muscles but do have tight piriformis muscles. That pain manifests itself more as a deep ache which is quite different to typical nerve pain which is burning, shooting, itching ( see home pages for more pain symptoms) and/or numbness. Of course it could be that tight pelvic floor muscles impinge the pudendal nerve as described above. Have you done PT to try and alleviate this problem btw?
Let us know what you decide to do.
take care,

Helen

My pain would be described as a deep ache, not a burning. Yes, I have had PT in NYC with Amy something. She wrote a great book. I forgot her last name, and yes it did help. But I live in Fl. in the winter and had to stop. I couldn't go back after the laceration, as the dr. wanted that to heal first

Re: Urinary Tract infection, vaginal laceration and bleeding

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:15 pm
by Krisssy
Krisssy wrote:
helenlegs 11 wrote:Hi Krissy,
You are right that some continuing use of botox could have good long term effects, especially if it has worked initially. The theory being that the muscles 'learn' to relax and even when the procedure is stopped, the muscles continue in this relaxed state which after all is the normal situation for muscles to be when at rest.
I would hope that because you have had this dreadful reaction to the first injection that you would be properly monitored for any similar effects if you did decide to have more.
There are people who have been helped with this sort of approach.
I don't have tight pelvic floor muscles but do have tight piriformis muscles. That pain manifests itself more as a deep ache which is quite different to typical nerve pain which is burning, shooting, itching ( see home pages for more pain symptoms) and/or numbness. Of course it could be that tight pelvic floor muscles impinge the pudendal nerve as described above. Have you done PT to try and alleviate this problem btw?
Let us know what you decide to do.
take care,
.
Helen
My pain would be described as a deep ache, not a burning. Yes, I have had PT in NYC with Amy something. She wrote a great book. I forgot her last name, and yes it did help. But I live in Fl. in the winter and had to stop. I couldn't go back after the laceration, as the dr. wanted that to heal first

Re: Urinary Tract infection, vaginal laceration and bleeding

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:28 pm
by Jax87
Hi Krissy,
Dr. Andrew who does the ESWT treatment is located in Cornwall, Ontario, about 6 hours from NYC. He is a chiropractor who has come up with a holistic treatment plan for PN/PNE. Several forum members have visited him, and it seeems to work best for people with scar tissue or biomechanical issues. The link to his current protocol is here:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3QjR4b ... edit?pli=1


I haven't done it, but it might be an option for you. If you has some benefit from PT you might benefit from ESWT. It is very painful, but not invasive. You can read about it on this forum. Also, there should be pelvic floor PTs in Florida that you could see too.

Feel free to PM with if you want to chat,
Jackie

Re: Urinary Tract infection, vaginal laceration and bleeding

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:58 pm
by Krisssy
Jax87 wrote:Hi Krissy,
Dr. Andrew who does the ESWT treatment is located in Cornwall, Ontario, about 6 hours from NYC. He is a chiropractor who has come up with a holistic treatment plan for PN/PNE. Several forum members have visited him, and it seeems to work best for people with scar tissue or biomechanical issues. The link to his current protocol is here:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3QjR4b ... edit?pli=1


I haven't done it, but it might be an option for you. If you has some benefit from PT you might benefit from ESWT. It is very painful, but not invasive. You can read about it on this forum. Also, there should be pelvic floor PTs in Florida that you could see too.


I am printing it out, although I am afraid of any painful treatments when I am awake. I do have the name of a PT in Fl. who Amy recommended. I am going to try her. Thanks. Krisssy

Feel free to PM with if you want to chat,
Jackie

Re: Urinary Tract infection, vaginal laceration and bleeding

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:12 am
by nyt
That just stinks that you had a laceration from botox! Hope at least that part is on the mend and it is getting better. Good luck with your next steps and prayers are sent to you from me.

Re: Urinary Tract infection, vaginal laceration and bleeding

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:05 pm
by Krisssy
I have found that every time I go to a gynecologist, I suffer with unbearable pain for weeks after the exam. Anyone else notice this? Anyone know why this would happen? Also has anyone tried muscle relaxants? If so, which ones and have they worked? Krissy

Re: Urinary Tract infection, vaginal laceration and bleeding

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:44 pm
by Violet M
Krissy, some people find valium vaginal suppositories help relax the pelvic floor.

Violet

Re: Urinary Tract infection, vaginal laceration and bleeding

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:07 pm
by Krisssy
Thank you. So far, the only thing that has helped me is Botox, but it only lasted for 5 weeks and gave me a lacreration. Do you people on this board think it is a smart idea to try the Botox again anyway? Have any of you had botox? If so, how long did it last? Did anyone have a laceration and/or a urinary tract infection from it? thanks Krisssy