Page 2 of 2

Re: urinary issues

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:26 am
by pianogal
I've found trigger points all over my pelvis... abdomen, glutes, vagina, even my feet. it gets pretty confusing how many things can irritate my pelvis

Re: urinary issues

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:28 pm
by WishIwereNumb
Oh my goodness. I can't tell you how many problems I've endured, Faith. Thank you for bringing these issues up! It appears that lots of other people here experience many of the same issues. For me, I have a tremendous amount of trouble going to bathroom. It's so hard to tell people that such a mundane task becomes such an immense chore. It's painful and just when you want the pain to end, you can't relieve yourself immediately because nothing "comes out." It's so frustrating that I want to cry sometimes. I hope that I'm able to get up the money for some type of surgery soon. It's especially upsetting because I'll find myself having accidents at night. :oops:

Re: urinary issues

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:26 pm
by HerMajesty
DEFINITELY do deep massage of abdominal trigger points. The only relief I got from urinary issues before my pelvic balance was corrected, was from aggressive trigger point massage of belly and inner thighs. It is only a temporary fix because without pelvic alignment, the trigger points re-form over time so you have to keep doing it. But, I was in a very bad state of disability before I started with the trigger point massage and it definitely helped me regain some of my urinary function and hence some of my independence. The trigger point massage and transverse abdominal strengthening I did in PT allowed me enough function to go grocery shopping and drive my kids to school, and walk around the block a couple of times; which were things I could not do prior due to severity of my urinary issues.