Thanks a lot Janet and Rosemary!
I will try to figure out some solutions with either of kneeling or roho cushion. I have had a few days off work now, but on my first day tomorrow I plan to change my full time position to 50% time, at least until I start to control my pain. I am now so afraid of sitting not to make things worse. Where are you from in UK Rosemary? Has anyone helped you so far? It is so frustrating that we have to find out everything on our own, not being lead by no one...
Thanks again girls!
new with PN pain. What to do?
Re: new with PN pain. What to do?
Hi again Bunny
My vulva pain had not got any better after 2 years so i went to see Dr Gareth Greenslade in Bristol - (not too far for me to travel) - in May 2012 - this was a private appointment which i managed to get my GP to refer me to. Dr Greenslade is listed on here. According to some recent posts on the forum he is quite hard to get hold of at the moment for some reason.
After seeing him i was referred back to my local Chronic pain clinic where i have had help regarding medication,had one transvaginal nerve block done, had some acupuncture and i am seeing a pain counsellor to help deal with the pain. The counsellor has helped me to go from being a 'jelly' to looking at the pain in a more manageable way.
You do have to be proactive - by going to see Dr Greenslade i ended up at my local pain clinic i am not sure that i would have got there quite so quickly otherwise.
Maybe by seeing Dr B in london you will be put on a path to help you - i hope so.
Rosemary x
My vulva pain had not got any better after 2 years so i went to see Dr Gareth Greenslade in Bristol - (not too far for me to travel) - in May 2012 - this was a private appointment which i managed to get my GP to refer me to. Dr Greenslade is listed on here. According to some recent posts on the forum he is quite hard to get hold of at the moment for some reason.
After seeing him i was referred back to my local Chronic pain clinic where i have had help regarding medication,had one transvaginal nerve block done, had some acupuncture and i am seeing a pain counsellor to help deal with the pain. The counsellor has helped me to go from being a 'jelly' to looking at the pain in a more manageable way.
You do have to be proactive - by going to see Dr Greenslade i ended up at my local pain clinic i am not sure that i would have got there quite so quickly otherwise.
Maybe by seeing Dr B in london you will be put on a path to help you - i hope so.
Rosemary x
Re: new with PN pain. What to do?
Thanks Rosemary,
I hope to get on the right path too as soon as I get to dr Baranowski. Hopefully your treatment will also bring some more effects in near future.
Take care
I hope to get on the right path too as soon as I get to dr Baranowski. Hopefully your treatment will also bring some more effects in near future.
Take care