Page 2 of 2

Re: Why aren't more PNE docs evolving their approach?

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:08 am
by pianogal
exactly, celeste, what performer would ever want to admit to having PNE.
I certainly wouldn't do that without much much deliberation and sacrifice of self image.
Although, the notoriety and taboo-ness of the subject could illicit interest from the public, and further propel a career into the spotlight possibly. if I ever get famous, I'll think about it. ;)

Re: Why aren't more PNE docs evolving their approach?

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:32 pm
by nyt
I watched all the videos that were posted under the Dr. Becco Presentation post at the IUCGA conference (I think that's correct) session on PN. In the last video there is a a brieg discussion about issues on PN research. The dr.'s at this meeting readily admit that one problem is the lack of scientific research and that it is difficult for them to take this on to get funding, run a research project and maintain a private practice. There is no doubt these physicians are interested in the same questions as we are, ie why don't all the patients get better after surgery, what can we do to treat neuropathic pain better, how much does spinal cord wind-up play into continued pain, etc. I do believe with time that PN will be recognized by more and more dr.'s such as the case of fibromyalgia. I can say this because at major conferences they are now having sessions dedicated to PN.