Her Majesty,
I have bilateral perineural root sleeve cysts on s1 or s2. (8 mm., 7 mm) I have been told,they are not contributing to my symptoms or pain. I read they are usually over 1 cm when they start to be troublesome. I also have some on thoracic spine level that were fluid filled not solid.
How can one tell if they are symptomatic and aren't they difficult if not impossible to remove? Where is the pain from them
And what does it feel like.
Any clarification would be helpful.
Thank you. Dakota
New Member - Please Help This Human Find Clarity
-
DakotaGirl
- Posts: 74
- Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:18 pm
Re: New Member - Please Help This Human Find Clarity
Hello. Thanks for sharing your story. I’m sorry to hear about all of the pain that you’ve been experiencing. I will ask my physician about the test that you recommended.
Re: New Member - Please Help This Human Find Clarity
Hi Dakota,
If you haven't already, please visit the Tarlov Cyst Disease Foundations website:
http://www.tarlovcystfoundation.org/tar ... tion0.aspx
I'm hoping after reading the etiology and symptoms that things are a little more clarified for you.
Kind regards,
Karyn
If you haven't already, please visit the Tarlov Cyst Disease Foundations website:
http://www.tarlovcystfoundation.org/tar ... tion0.aspx
As HerMajesty has explained, it's very difficult getting support or acknowledgement from the medical community in regards to TC's. After many battles and struggles, I also had surgery for TCD this past April.DakotaGirl wrote:I have bilateral perineural root sleeve cysts on s1 or s2. (8 mm., 7 mm) I have been told,they are not contributing to my symptoms or pain.
I'm hoping after reading the etiology and symptoms that things are a little more clarified for you.
Kind regards,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
-
HerMajesty
- Posts: 1134
- Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:41 am
- Location: North Las Vegas, Nevada
Re: New Member - Please Help This Human Find Clarity
Disagree about the size. I was very symptomatic at 1.2cm right side and 8mm left side, S2. This is possible in the sacrum because the sacral canal is very narrow, and so nerve root compression does not require something large. This link will bring you to a page where in one of the posts I shared screen shots from my MRI, which should give some clarity about what an 8mm cysts looks like within the sacral canal: http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... t&start=30
I agree with Karyn about going to the Tarlov Cyst Disease Foundation website, because there is a VERY SMALL list of providers on there, who are docs who will not give you the blow off. I participate in some Facebook groups regarding Tarlov Cyst disease, and one of them has a document gives a longer lists of physicians. PM me if I you need that list, so I will get the alert - I do not come on here to check posts much.
I agree with Karyn about going to the Tarlov Cyst Disease Foundation website, because there is a VERY SMALL list of providers on there, who are docs who will not give you the blow off. I participate in some Facebook groups regarding Tarlov Cyst disease, and one of them has a document gives a longer lists of physicians. PM me if I you need that list, so I will get the alert - I do not come on here to check posts much.
pelvic pain started 1985 age 14 interstitial cystitis. Refused medical care from age 17, did GREAT with self care for years.
2004 PN started gradually, disabled by 2009. Underlying cause SIJD & Tarlov cysts
improved with PT & meds: neurontin, valium, nortriptyline, propanolol. (off nortriptyline & propanolol now, yay!)
Tarlov cyst surgery with Dr. Frank Feigenbaum March 20, 2012.
Results have been excellent so far; but I won't know my final functional level for a couple of years.
2004 PN started gradually, disabled by 2009. Underlying cause SIJD & Tarlov cysts
improved with PT & meds: neurontin, valium, nortriptyline, propanolol. (off nortriptyline & propanolol now, yay!)
Tarlov cyst surgery with Dr. Frank Feigenbaum March 20, 2012.
Results have been excellent so far; but I won't know my final functional level for a couple of years.