is constant icing harmful?

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
User avatar
Violet M
Posts: 7169
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:04 am
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: is constant icing harmful?

Post by Violet M »

I used both ice and heat during the worst of my PN days. I don't think I would have survived without them. Alternating sitting between hot and ice cold water was very soothing. 2 minutes in the hot, 30 seconds in the ice cold. For more details you can go to this thread. http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... =25&t=5267

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Dusty_in_Hope
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:11 pm

Re: is constant icing harmful?

Post by Dusty_in_Hope »

Hi Amanda, The drinks bottle idea is great; I was using frozen gel packs which don't remain cool for very long.

Can I ask what chamomile gel you use? - Especially if it's one for sensitive skin.

Thanks,
Dusty
Last edited by Dusty_in_Hope on Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dusty_in_Hope
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:11 pm

Re: is constant icing harmful?

Post by Dusty_in_Hope »

I used both ice and heat during the worst of my PN days. I don't think I would have survived without them. Alternating sitting between hot and ice cold water was very soothing. 2 minutes in the hot, 30 seconds in the ice cold. For more details you can go to this thread. viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5267
Thanks v. much for re-posting this, Violet. I hadn't spotted it before. I will try it when the pain gets too bad.

I was thinking of using a sitz bath on the loo http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004X4 ... 7WX98XK3Y3 to use a bit like a bidet - although I'm a bit frightened of compromising the flora down there and creating other problems for myself, especially now that I'm post-menopausal I'm very dry. Any experiences of using a sitz bath for pn and/or solutions (hypoallergenic creams, gels etc) re post-menopausal dryness gratefully received.

Thanks,

Dusty
April
Posts: 738
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:59 am

Re: is constant icing harmful?

Post by April »

Amanda: I totally understand. Ice is like an instant anesthetic, and I could not have survived the past few months without it. Luckily, my burns are not on sensitive skin—they’re just my buttocks. I’ve been constantly washing the area and lathering on neosporin (I do not want to add an infection to my mix of problems!). The burns are healing, but I did google chamomile and will consider that if this happens again. Thanks for the tip!

Violet: I have noticed that the heat of the shower offers some relief, so I will keep this in mind as well.

April
Post Reply

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”