Page 2 of 2
Re: North Texas
Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:56 am
by Violet M
If there is a physician in North Texas who knows how to do a pudendal nerve block they could probably contact the company who makes the allograft and inject it. For awhile Dr. Jarnagin was using Palingen but may be using something different now -- I'm not sure. I think I described how he gives them which is really the old fashioned way to give a pudendal nerve block just by finding the landmark with a finger.
Violet
Re: North Texas
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:03 pm
by strongsteve
I live in Plano and would be glad to see where everyone else is.
Re: North Texas
Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:27 pm
by Celeste77
Hi, I’m in Lubbock Texas. I’ve been suffering from PNE for almost 2 years. I’ve been desperately searching for a specialty here in Texas myself. If anyone knows of one please let me know. I’m tired of living in so much pain. I could also use support too. I feel so alone in this. I could use advice of any kind. Thank you!!
Re: North Texas
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:54 am
by April
Welcome to the forum, Celeste. I don't know of a Texas doctor but you should check the doctor listing on the home page in case there is a Texas doctor listed. Are you close to any universities that have med schools? Those places often doctors who are at least familiar with the problem.
Yes, I know what you mean. I felt alone when I first got this, because I didn't know anyone else who had it and most doctors didn't seem to know much about it. What kinds of treatments have you tried? I have found tremendous relief from both ice and heat. The vinyl heating pad is the simplest---for me it has to be on high (and some of the newer ones to get very hot so the older models works best for me.) I wear biking shorts with the pelvic floor area cut out, so I don't burn my legs when I use it.
Take care,
April
Re: North Texas
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:05 am
by Violet M
Hi Celeste,
It is a very isolating disease to deal with, especially since it's not something you can talk about with your friends and family. I would also be interested to hear what you've tried so far. Has anything helped at all?
Violet