Re: physical therapy questions
Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:15 pm
Thanks for the encouragement, Gracie and Stephanie!
Gracie, it sounds like great timing that your PT is going to the conference and hopefully will have the latest information on PN. It's good that the word seems to be spreading in the PT community too. I also have only one therapist in my local area and when I went to her presurgery I did not yet have a PN diagnosis, so I don't really know how much she has worked with PN patients either. I hope you do get in contact with the other PN person in your area. I found someone through the forums who lives near me, we even were going to the same pain management doctor as well as the same PT. The forums are just such an amazing resource for help of all kinds.
Jamie, hope your flight to Australia goes OK. At least you can stand some usually on long flights.
Gracie, it sounds like great timing that your PT is going to the conference and hopefully will have the latest information on PN. It's good that the word seems to be spreading in the PT community too. I also have only one therapist in my local area and when I went to her presurgery I did not yet have a PN diagnosis, so I don't really know how much she has worked with PN patients either. I hope you do get in contact with the other PN person in your area. I found someone through the forums who lives near me, we even were going to the same pain management doctor as well as the same PT. The forums are just such an amazing resource for help of all kinds.
Jamie, hope your flight to Australia goes OK. At least you can stand some usually on long flights.