Page 3 of 3

Re: Surgery upcoming with Dr. Hibner

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:59 am
by Violet M
According to this dictionary http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictio ... neurolysis
neurolysis is the freeing of perineural adhesions. During the TG surgery they will be freeing up the nerve from whatever is entrapping it -- possibly adhesions although sometimes it's a ligament. Some physicians call pudendal nerve decompression surgery pudendal neurolysis. TG refers to transgluteal which is referring to the approach (through the gluteal muscles) they use to reach the nerve for the neurolysis procedure.

Violet

Re: Surgery upcoming with Dr. Hibner

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:35 am
by PatrickB
I am exactly one year post surgery now. I can happily say I am about 50% better than before. All urinary function is normal and pain from sitting takes over an hour, however it does still occur. I'm working out 7 days a week and feeling great as long as I don't sit too long. I took a 15 hour flight last week from Hawaii to the Caribbean and it was quite uncomfortable, but I made it. It definitely helps to sit in First Class and be able to sit sideways and/or on my hip at times. I do get relief from Tramadol and always have some on hand for long meetings or dinners. I pray for continued improvement. Thanks....Patrick

Re: Surgery upcoming with Dr. Hibner

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:40 am
by Violet M
That's great, Patrick! Thanks for reporting back and I pray you continue to improve too. I still had improvement after one year and I know others who have so I think you have a good chance. Be careful with the working out. ;)

Violet

Re: Surgery upcoming with Dr. Hibner

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:07 pm
by kgb
Hi Patrick:

So good to hear a positive outcome! How are you doing now? Also which exact nerves were decompressed etc?

Thank you!

Re: Surgery upcoming with Dr. Hibner

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:43 am
by jaxi123
I had 2 failed surgeries
Very disappointing