Hi,
I went to the doctor pretty soon after my last post.
He seemed to think all the clinics/doctors listed on here for the uk dealt with pain management, so would be of little use to me.
My new wheelchair has finally arrived, however the new cushion is uncomfortable, and after half a day of using it (yesterday) there is an increased level of numbness. It's a spex cushion, similar to here; http://www.spexseating.com/products/cus ... ur-cushion
I can remove parts of the cushion foam , as you can see in the link, so do you guys think that might help, and if so, any idea which i should remove?
Where should i be avoiding pressure, at the moment i assumed it was the sitz bones, but is there anywhere else?
I've been googling and i have found something called the Xsceat, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this?
It feels that if i get the cushion right, then maybe that might solve this whole problem, So I'm trying to be more pro active and not just wait for the professionals to suggest things
Thanks again for all the help
new here, think i have PN
Re: new here, think i have PN
Hi Scope,
Haven't tried either one of those cushions but really sometimes it's a matter of trial and error so experimenting with removing parts of the foam sounds like a good idea. For people with pudendal neuralgia supposedly a donut cushion that takes pressure of the perineum is good but those don't always work perfectly either. Good luck. I hope you can get one of these to work for you.
Violet
Haven't tried either one of those cushions but really sometimes it's a matter of trial and error so experimenting with removing parts of the foam sounds like a good idea. For people with pudendal neuralgia supposedly a donut cushion that takes pressure of the perineum is good but those don't always work perfectly either. Good luck. I hope you can get one of these to work for you.
Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.