Re: Where do I start?
Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2025 6:36 pm
One big update because of a significant new development which brought unforeseen revelations to my condition and might lead others forward as well.
So what just happened in the past 2 weeks is that I started developing these exact same problems on the opposite (right) side. But this time it was clearly accompanied by a series of painful rashes on my buttock and little more. I've had mosquito bites and mold problems at my house recently, so at first I thought all these problems would be related to that. But I eventually visited a dermatologist anyway, and I got told that it was... herpes zoster, a.k.a. shingles. I am still skeptical, because this wasn't yet confirmed with other tests, and it looks more like run-of-the-mill folliculitis than typical shingles, but it would definitely explain a lot if this had been confirmed to be my case.
I recalled that I briefly had a reddish rash in my left groin during the initial onset of the left-side "PN", but back then I attributed that to overdoing the topical antibacterials that I initially tried for treatment. Now that the exact same issue is bothering my right side, it seems so much more clear. 20% of people statistically develop chronic pains after overcoming shingles. What if all this PN nonsense of mine had been shingles all along?
Now on the negative side, the treatment options for shingles-related neuralgia in the chronic stage are very limited. On the positive side, perhaps coincidentally or with the help of my light exercise and antioxidant stack, my left side has been slowly getting better. It's certainly much better now than the current right-side stinging, stabbing pains radiating into my genitals, which I now recall I initially had on the left side as well 2 years ago when it all started. So perhaps it'll eventually even resolve completely... even if it might have to last a few years more.
So what just happened in the past 2 weeks is that I started developing these exact same problems on the opposite (right) side. But this time it was clearly accompanied by a series of painful rashes on my buttock and little more. I've had mosquito bites and mold problems at my house recently, so at first I thought all these problems would be related to that. But I eventually visited a dermatologist anyway, and I got told that it was... herpes zoster, a.k.a. shingles. I am still skeptical, because this wasn't yet confirmed with other tests, and it looks more like run-of-the-mill folliculitis than typical shingles, but it would definitely explain a lot if this had been confirmed to be my case.
I recalled that I briefly had a reddish rash in my left groin during the initial onset of the left-side "PN", but back then I attributed that to overdoing the topical antibacterials that I initially tried for treatment. Now that the exact same issue is bothering my right side, it seems so much more clear. 20% of people statistically develop chronic pains after overcoming shingles. What if all this PN nonsense of mine had been shingles all along?
Now on the negative side, the treatment options for shingles-related neuralgia in the chronic stage are very limited. On the positive side, perhaps coincidentally or with the help of my light exercise and antioxidant stack, my left side has been slowly getting better. It's certainly much better now than the current right-side stinging, stabbing pains radiating into my genitals, which I now recall I initially had on the left side as well 2 years ago when it all started. So perhaps it'll eventually even resolve completely... even if it might have to last a few years more.