Page 4 of 4

Re: pelvis instability

Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:43 am
by hopeman
Janetm2


When did you develop after surgery?

What is your symptom associated with pelvis instability.

Hopeman

Re: pelvis instability

Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:38 pm
by janetm2
I cannot remember how soon I noticed the instability but there are pains all around the core: the pelvic rim on my sides pubic bone pain and low back which can also be SI joint dysfunction. I fell in mid July and my pelvic alignment went out and all those pains returned, PT is working on them to get me straightened out as well as acupuncture. It will sort out but takes time. I have sometimes held alignment between appointments. Even knowing this I would still get surgery because I got relief of enough pain to continue working at least enouh to keep my job and sit more and do some things. I was heading too far downhill to continue that path.
Janet

pudendal nerve blocks

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:52 am
by hopeman
Hi everyone

I have performed three pudendal nerve blocks at the SSL level for my right side during one month. Each block allowed my sitting pain disappear for 5 hours after blocks. For my right side, my pain focus in prineum. I do not have rectal pain for the right side. After three blocks, my prineal pain disappear. However, I still have scrotum and penis pain. I do not feel numbness for preneum after block. I guess I should have one or two block at Alcock canal to cure my prineum pain. Because my doctor do not how to do block at Alcock canal. I am considering to switch to another doctor to perform the fourth block at Alcock canal next week. I hope the fourth block can cure my prineum pain. However, most doctors only perform three pudendal blocks at max. Can more than three pudendal netve blocks during one month (e.g. four or five blocks) damage pudendal nerve? Should I wait to perform another series of pn blocks focusing at Alcock canal? If I need to wait, how long should I wait?

Hopeman

Hopeman

Re: pelvis instability

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:37 am
by Violet M
Hopeman, I'm glad to hear you are having some improvements.

Prof Robert states in his article that no more than 3 nerve blocks with anesthetic and steroids should be given "for fear of deterioration". He's a neurosurgeon.
http://www.pudendalhope.info/sites/defa ... Robert.pdf

Violet