Page 5 of 5

Re: Recent Surgery *Hoping for Success*

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:07 pm
by Westbluu
Violet M wrote: ↑Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:48 am
Westbluu wrote: ↑Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:54 am Does edema in the obdurator muscle go away on its own?
I think it depends on what is causing it. If it is a result of surgery and there are no other contributing factors, hopefully it will go away with time. But if there is something like scar tissue or some other structure impeding the microvascular blood/ tissue exchange, causing chronic inflammation, then it could be a problem. Hydrotherapy can be really helpful in taking away swelling so you might want to try the alternating hot/cold sitz baths I suggested previously.

Violet
Thank you Violet for the information. Hot water is not good for me at all. Cold water and ice feel better. When I apply hot water, the pelvic nerves feel like they are burning.

Re: Recent Surgery *Hoping for Success*

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:36 am
by Violet M
Then definitely avoid hot water. Cold was better for me too before my PNE surgery.

Violet