Page 1 of 1
Pudendal nerve injection
Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:01 am
by Parzyck
Has anyone had a Pudendal nerve block using a medicine called PHENOL ?.
Also has anyone had Radio Frequency Lesion of the Pudendal nerve ?.
Re: Pudendal nerve injection
Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:40 pm
by Isis
Hey!
I don t know about phénol.
I did a very bad réaction during 6 weeks after a session of radiofréquence. Indiba. My neurologic pain increased +++.
Where are you from in france. I m from lyon.
Re: Pudendal nerve injection
Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:35 pm
by Summer
Bonjour
C'était quoi vos symptômes svp ?
Bien cordialement
Re: Pudendal nerve injection
Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:43 pm
by Summer
Pas très sympa de ne pas me répondre


Re: Pudendal nerve injection
Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:44 pm
by Summer
Pas très sympa de ne pas me répondre


Re: Pudendal nerve injection
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2026 5:01 pm
by charliehampton
I’d be interested to hear from others who have tried pudendal nerve injections or radiofrequency treatment. How long did the relief last, and did you experience any changes in your symptoms afterward?
Re: Pudendal nerve injection
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 3:59 pm
by charliehampton
I’d be interested to hear from others who have tried pudendal nerve injections or radiofrequency treatment. How long did the relief last, and did your symptoms change afterward?

Re: Pudendal nerve injection
Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2026 5:29 am
by Violet M
Pudendal nerve injections of an anesthetic (marcaine) and a steroid (kenalog) gave me partial temporary relief of symptoms for a day or so. Over the next few days the pain increased but went back to baseline after a few weeks.
Typically a temporary relief in symptoms (for a few hours) signifies a positive diagnosis for pudendal neuralgia with possible pudendal nerve entrapment. Theoretically the steroid is supposed to kick in several days later and reduce the inflammation but for many people it can cause a flare-up in symptoms for a few weeks. Some major medical organizations have come out with guidelines that there is no evidence for pudendal nerve blocks that contain steroids. On this forum, we rarely hear of anyone having long-term benefit from pudendal nerve blocks, including steroid blocks. My impression is that they are primarily beneficial for diagnostic purposes.
I haven't tried radiofrequency ablation so I can't answer your question on that. From posts of people on this forum my sense is that it has mixed reviews.
Violet
Re: Pudendal nerve injection
Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2026 3:46 pm
by matthewscott
I’ve seen mixed experiences with pudendal nerve injections and radiofrequency treatment. It would be helpful to know how long the relief typically lasts and whether symptoms change afterward.
Re: Pudendal nerve injection
Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2026 4:09 am
by Violet M
If you want a scientific study on the answer to your question you can go to the following link.
https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC8359332/
If you want to read other people's experiences with it you can do a search in the upper right corner of this forum using the word "radiofrequency"