Page 1 of 1

Dr. Lemos

Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:27 pm
by Violet M
I heard that Dr. Nucielo Lemos spoke at the recent meeting of the American Urogynecologic Society held in Phoenix and that he works at the University of Toronto in Canada. Anyone here heard of him or been to see him for PNE? If so, do you know his contact information?

https://obgyn.utoronto.ca/faculty/nucelio-lemos

Re: Dr. Lemos

Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2025 3:27 am
by tompster
He was one of my doctors, but is EXTREMELY hesitant to perform pudendal nerve decompression surgeries. He actually has me referred to a doctor to possibly get a sacral neural modulator put in. (I am opting for surgery instead though overseas, as I'd rather take the risk to resolve the original problem)

I think he is hesitant do perform this surgery because the outcomes he was getting were not good. To be fair though, he does a very wide range of surgeries, since Ontario/Canada has a serious deficit of urogynecological surgeons.

He very thoroughly injected my pelvic muscles with botox, which helped me rule out muscular related causes. Good guy working in a difficult system.

Re: Dr. Lemos

Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2025 4:13 am
by Violet M
Thanks for that info. I don't know of any other docs in Canada who perform PNE surgery.

I'm assuming Botox didn't help and that's how you determined it isn't a muscular cause?

Wishing you the best with your treatment in Europe.

Violet

Re: Dr. Lemos

Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2025 2:52 pm
by Balenul
tompster wrote: ↑Fri Mar 07, 2025 3:27 am He was one of my doctors, but is EXTREMELY hesitant to perform pudendal nerve decompression surgeries. He actually has me referred to a doctor to possibly get a sacral neural modulator put in. (I am opting for surgery instead though overseas, as I'd rather take the risk to resolve the original problem)

I think he is hesitant do perform this surgery because the outcomes he was getting were not good. To be fair though, he does a very wide range of surgeries, since Ontario/Canada has a serious deficit of urogynecological surgeons.

He very thoroughly injected my pelvic muscles with botox, which helped me rule out muscular related causes. Good guy working in a difficult system.
Hmm i talk with him also about my case....how do you know he had bad outcomes with his pudendal surgeries ? hope you can reply.ty

Re: Dr. Lemos

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2025 9:49 pm
by tompster
Violet M wrote: ↑Sat Mar 08, 2025 4:13 am Thanks for that info. I don't know of any other docs in Canada who perform PNE surgery.

I'm assuming Botox didn't help and that's how you determined it isn't a muscular cause?

Wishing you the best with your treatment in Europe.

Violet

Yes, that and the fact that dozens of physio, including pelvic physio appointments haven't helped.

Re: Dr. Lemos

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2025 7:14 pm
by snupho
I've met Dr. Lemos via telehealth consultations.

He is more likely to refer you to other experts. He tends to err on the side of caution wrt surgical/invasive procedures. He is far more familiar with female anatomy. All that being said he is patient and helpful with good suggestions.