Page 1 of 2

Numbness after surgery

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2025 6:23 pm
by Mustermann123
Hello everyone, I had a neurolysis of the dorsal penis nerve at dr. Aszmann 5 days ago. My only symptom before was numbness in the penis. After the operation I don't feel anything at all on the penis (the numbness got much worse) and I haven't had any erections so far. I'm very worried and ask here about experiences of people who have also had such an operation. According to the doctor, however, the operation went well and the constriction of the nerve could be eliminated. Best regards Mustermann

Re: Numbness after surgery

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2025 4:58 am
by Violet M
I can understand why you would be concerned, but it might be too soon to draw any conclusions. I had some numbness after PNE surgery as long as several months afterwards, but it eventually faded away. It would be good to contact the surgeon and let him know what is going on though, if you haven't already -- just to check with him whether this is normal and whether there is anything you should be doing about it.

Violet

Re: Numbness after surgery

Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2025 5:38 am
by romotronco88
How are you doing now, friend? I realize it’s still pretty close to your surgery. I’m mulling over my options and deal with numbness as well.

Re: Numbness after surgery

Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2025 7:23 am
by Mustermann123
Hello, I can get erections again as normal as it was before the operation. The increased numbness is still there. I had a phone call with the doctor. He said it's unusual I probably have a neuropraxy. Should return to normal in the next few weeks...

Re: Numbness after surgery

Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2025 4:15 am
by Violet M
That sounds hopeful. Hopefully it will resolve soon like he said.

Violet

Re: Numbness after surgery

Posted: Thu May 22, 2025 7:07 am
by romotronco88
Curious how you are doing these days partner — feeling any improvements?

I’ve consulted with Aszmann as well and interested in the surgery experience for others

Re: Numbness after surgery

Posted: Thu May 22, 2025 7:22 am
by Mustermann123
The additional numbness caused by the op is slowly returning to normal. I can not find a general improvement so far.

Re: Numbness after surgery

Posted: Thu May 22, 2025 7:26 am
by romotronco88
Ah ok. best of luck healing further. You still have plenty of time for a recovery

Re: Numbness after surgery

Posted: Thu May 22, 2025 7:35 am
by Mustermann123
Thank you very much my friend. However, I have the suspicion that muscular tension in the pelvic floor also contributes to this. I have to say that I suffer from the hard flaccid syndrome.

Re: Numbness after surgery

Posted: Wed May 28, 2025 12:12 am
by Violet M
After my PNE surgery, I used a TENS unit to target the obturator internus muscle and piriformis muscle to calm the muscle tension. Might be worth asking your PT to evaluate which muscles are tense and how you can use a TENS unit to calm them.

Violet