Page 1 of 1
London UK surrounding areas WHERE CAN I GET A PUDENDAL NERVE BLOCK
Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2025 6:14 pm
by monty999
Anyone had a successful pudendal nerve block in the South of England (or north at a push). I can’t find anywhere that can perform them. Privately is ok.
I’ve had 3 pudendal nerve blocks via nhs at Stanmore Hospital. Sadly 2 of these failed (he didn’t hit the right spot - I didn’t go numb anywhere). I’m pretty sure the only one that did work was a positive for pudendal neuralgia but before I commit to surgery I want another block for confirmation. I’m 2 years in, was a cyclist 24k miles and suffered from severe constipation.
I noted on the second failed block that I actually felt the anaesthetic shoot (like electric shock) into the vaginal area but still didn’t go numb. They call me lucky.
Re: London UK surrounding areas WHERE CAN I GET A PUDENDAL NERVE BLOCK
Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2025 1:53 pm
by Amanda
Hello monty
Have you looked at out list of providers for UK & Ireland?
Unfortunately it seems the NHS are not good at providing Nerve blocks too freely nor in many areas of the UK.
If you are prepared to travel to Manchester or Bristol you will find there may be more choice albeit in a private capacity.
It is important to have nerve blocks carried out correctly to allow you to get a diagnosis and perhaps a plan for your future decisions regarding surgery etc.
Please let us know your progress.
Re: London UK surrounding areas WHERE CAN I GET A PUDENDAL NERVE BLOCK
Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2025 2:03 pm
by monty999
I’ve looked through the uk and Ireland section but can not see any information on actual places to get the block.
I’m happy to travel. Have you any suggestions?
The last 2 blocks caused a massive drop in mood due to them not working. Obviously I just want a definitive diagnosis. God I hate this injury. Ruined my life.
Re: London UK surrounding areas WHERE CAN I GET A PUDENDAL NERVE BLOCK
Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2025 7:08 pm
by matthewroots77
Hi
There a doctor in Manchester called bharati Vyawahare,she is a pain doctor,I've been to see her and she's a nice lady
She performs nerve blocks,her details are on this website.
Thanks Matt
Re: London UK surrounding areas WHERE CAN I GET A PUDENDAL NERVE BLOCK
Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2025 6:16 am
by Violet M
Re: London UK surrounding areas WHERE CAN I GET A PUDENDAL NERVE BLOCK
Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2026 1:06 am
by eraser
All pain consultants should be able to do pudendual blocks on the NHS. The issue is not the block, it's getting the surgery on the NHS.
Unfortunately, there are long waits to see pain consultants and many go private to get a diagnosis.
I'd suggest an MP complaint if you have waited an excessive time to see a pain consultant.
Re: London UK surrounding areas WHERE CAN I GET A PUDENDAL NERVE BLOCK
Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2026 9:15 pm
by eraser