Page 1 of 1

Muscle tensions - PT Work

Posted: Thu May 22, 2025 7:08 pm
by Lilo123
Hello everyone,
I was wondering: How come there is often a worsening of symptoms when PT work internal?
Is the release of tension not beneficial for the nerve?
Thanks in advance! lilo

Re: Muscle tensions - PT Work

Posted: Tue May 27, 2025 5:54 am
by April
Hi Lilo,

If your pt is doing internal work for therapeutic (and not diagnostic) purposes, and it's giving you flares, I'd request that the pt just do external work (e.g., remove trigger points in the piriformis muscle or the inner thigh). Internal pt always made me worse, so I stayed with external work.

April

Re: Muscle tensions - PT Work

Posted: Wed May 28, 2025 12:13 am
by Violet M
I quit internal PT before my PNE surgery because it was flaring things up. It didn't make sense to me to keep irritating the nerve more.

Violet