Page 1 of 2

.

Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2025 7:23 am
by aussie_surfer
.

Re: PN from anal sex

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2025 8:48 am
by Violet M
Hi Aussie,

Yes, it sounds like a failed PN block since you had no loss of sensation in the distribution area of the PN. That's unfortunate.

The inferior rectal nerve can be tricky because of the variations in anatomy -- sometimes coming off the main trunk of the pudendal nerve above the ischial spine, so it doesn't always respond to a pudendal nerve block even if the block is given correctly. But still, you are sort of left with an unsatisfactory feeling about that nerve block since you didn't even get numb. Do any of your doctors recommend a second block since the one you had didn't seem to be adequate for a diagnosis?

Have you tried baclofen suppository?

Violet

Re: PN from anal sex

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2025 3:27 am
by aussie_surfer
.

Re: PN from anal sex

Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2025 12:31 pm
by aussie_surfer
.

Re: PN from anal sex

Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2025 10:18 pm
by Dave1953
So I got PN from bike riding. But I’ve tried every common drug out there for this. The only thing that works is tramadol 50 mg lasts about 5 hours. I’ve had PN for .8 years. Only advice is to not chase pain. If tramadol works take At first sign of pain. I awake each day with minimal pain. Then it starts up from bending, sitting. Best of luck

Re: PN from anal sex

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2025 7:00 am
by aussie_surfer
.

Re: PN from anal sex

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2025 1:30 am
by Dave1953
The extended release tramadol not in my formulary so I take regular 50 mg ones. If I didn’t need bowel movements I might be fine! It causes flares. I take only one day and hope it gets me through the day. I had 12 day run of no pain and took no tramadol. This six weeks after PN block. Just goes to show that you could get better. I don’t think it was the injection. Weird.

Re: PN from anal sex

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2025 1:32 am
by Dave1953
Also I had Pn for 5 years. Went away for 6 years. Now it’s back going on 3 years. It’s heart breaking.

Re: PN from anal sex

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2025 9:50 am
by aussie_surfer
.

Re: PN from anal sex

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2025 6:28 am
by Violet M
aussie_surfer wrote: ↑Mon Aug 04, 2025 12:31 pm Violet (or others), would you please happen to know, is the inferior rectal branch itself able to be decompressed or accessed surgically?
I haven't heard of it being done, but there is always a first......