Piriformis release surgery - 5 months post op
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2025 8:23 am
Hello guys,
I guess it's time for a quick update.
I had piriformis release surgery on the 30th of April with doctor Renaud Bollens.
I can cautiously say that almost five months later I'm about 80 to 90% better.
I have no functional symptoms and my overall symptoms improved by 80 to 90% , I still get the occasional small flare up after sitting too much, but they tend to be superficial and pass quickly after some rest.
I am back at work (part time for now) without serious issues, can drive my car again without serious discomfort or pain . Can do my hobbies again, although with some adjustments.
But I've been in serious pain for four months post op, the first two months I could basically only lay down on bed and for many weeks I feared I made a terrible mistake, but things are starting to look a lot better now.
Doctor Bollens was very kind and extremely professional.
I guess it's time for a quick update.
I had piriformis release surgery on the 30th of April with doctor Renaud Bollens.
I can cautiously say that almost five months later I'm about 80 to 90% better.
I have no functional symptoms and my overall symptoms improved by 80 to 90% , I still get the occasional small flare up after sitting too much, but they tend to be superficial and pass quickly after some rest.
I am back at work (part time for now) without serious issues, can drive my car again without serious discomfort or pain . Can do my hobbies again, although with some adjustments.
But I've been in serious pain for four months post op, the first two months I could basically only lay down on bed and for many weeks I feared I made a terrible mistake, but things are starting to look a lot better now.
Doctor Bollens was very kind and extremely professional.